“Man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of Jehovah”
In today’s reading we are requested to carefully obey every command Jehovah, the Most High Maker God has given us. He let us know that when we keep His commandments we will live and grow in number. Also to the People of Israel He let them know that they would be able to enter and own the land God promised their ancestors.
We should remember how the Most High Establisher God of Israel has led His People in the desert for 40 years. He took away the pride of those people and tested them. He wanted to know what was in their heart, the same way as He wants us to show us what is in our heart.
He let the People of Israel get hungry, but also gave them food from the air, manna. Manna was something neither they nor their ancestors had ever seen. This was to teach them that a person does not live only by eating bread. But a person lives by everything the Adonai says.
Deuteronomy 8:3 The Scriptures 1998+ (3) “And He humbled you, and let you suffer hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, to make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word that comes from the mouth of יהוה. Footnote: 1Messiah quotes this in Mt. 4:4 and in Lk. 4:4.
Matthew 4:4 The Scriptures 1998+ (4) But He (יהושע) answering, said, “It has been written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of יהוה 1.’ ”Footnote: 1Dt. 8:3.
Luke 4:4 The Scriptures 1998+ (4) But יהושע answered him, saying, “It has been written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of Elohim.’ ”1 Footnote: 1Mt. 4:4, Dt. 8:3.
When we look at those who wandered through the desert for such a long time it must have us wonder how it came that during these 40 years, their clothes did not wear out and their feet did not swell. it must have us to think about the way God protected them and always provided for them.
Several times Jehovah had to call them to order, correcting them. Also us He is willing to guide and to give us corrections like a father does his son. We should listen to Him, obey His commands, always in full respect for Him and his Word.
We should know that Jehovah, the God of Abraham was bringing the people of Moses into a good land, which had rivers and pools of water, springs flowing in the valleys and hills. They could find a land that had wheat and barley, vines, fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey and where they had not to be afraid of a food-shortage. They were going to find everything they needed there. The same it shall be for those who keep God’s commandments and want to live by the hope and faith in Christ Jesus the promised one and sent one from God.
Rightly judged, in today’s reading we can find one of the most admirable proofs of the Elohim’s loving kindness, that He does not leave His people in their natural pride and obstinacy, but by acts of grace brings them to their right minds. Note in the text, that the humbling was produced by hunger. What makes a man so humble as to be thoroughly in want?
God does not force any person. He allows everybody to exist and to make his own choices. But He shall take into account which way a person wants to go. He knows the heart of every person. To every living being He gives the freedom to either believe in Him, the Divine Creator, or to believe in other gods or even not to believe in any sort god.
But man should know that it is best to look for the best relation a created being can hope for. The Divine Creator has also provided special spiritual food, which gives man everything what he needs. He has given the world His Word, which is the best spiritual food to prepare mankind for a non-ending life in the Promised Land, as part of an eternal Kingdom of God.
God looks at the world and chooses His people, being prepared to purify their mind. god is also willing to give us the seed to have us growing in a richness which is greater than any worldly richness.
As the people who were led out of Egypt were called to remember the experiences of the forty year, we too should remember all that happened in the past with people who loved and people who hated God.
Not only by commands difficult to be obeyed laid on men, and by mighty works done in their view, does God prove men (cf. Gen 22:1, etc.; Exo 15:25; Exo 20:20); but also by afflictions and calamities (Jdg 2:22; Jdg 3:4; Psa 17:3; Psa 81:7, etc.), as well as by benefits (Exo 16:4).
- Facing our existence every day
- Open your heart
- God doesn’t call the qualified
- Keep your heart on the right path
- Sow and harvests in the garden of your heart
- Willing to do and we willing to learn everything that the Elohim has spoken
- Reading to grow and to become wise concerning the most important thing in life 2 Prophetic and poetic writers
- Coming to understanding from sayings written long ago
- Mishmash of a legal code but importance of mitzvah or commandments
- Bible, sword of the Spirit to come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man
- People Seeking for God 5 Bread of life
- Food as a Therapeutic Aid
- Daily portion of heavenly food
- Scepticals of the Bible
- Pascal’s Possibility
- A heart in the right place and brightly burning faith
- Let us not forget it was God who chose us
- Being in tune with God
- Deuteronomy 4- Is God in Close Proximity?
- A Living Faith #3 Faith put into action
- It is a free will choice
- Your life the sum total of all your choices
- Failing Man to make free choice
- Purify my heart
- Obeying the King
- Daily Devotional – 12/4/17 “A promise after the wilderness!”
- Why we need a wilderness mindset, even when we live in the promised land
- Do you feel like you’re walking through a wilderness? Or living it up in the Promised Land?
- Not by bread alone
- Power to get wealth
- God’s Word (Doctrine of a Disciple)
- A Wilderness Prayer (Deuteronomy 8)
- Be Rich: Partner with God (Deuteronomy 8)