The Divine Creator Who made man in His image provided them with ‘spiritual nutrients’ which can be absorbed most efficiently at the start of each day by taking up the Book of books, the Bible, the infallible Word of God.
To stay alive we have to eat regularly and have to eat healthy food to stay in good condition. But to stay in condition we also need regular physical exercise. With our spiritual condition it is no different. We need regular exercise and nutritional spiritual food.
Human beings mostly love nice food and search for satisfaction in many things. They want to be filled with everything that they want and need to find complete satisfaction. Though not many shall be able to say they could find full satisfaction. People will find fault in nearly every thing that they touch or use. Things of this earth are very temporary. At a certain moment they will fail or fall apart. The satisfaction is temporary. At one time people can be very enthusiastic about something and some years later they are frustrated with it and want something new.
In the ancient books of the Bible we find lots of stories of people looking for a better and satisfying life. We can find David who found great satisfaction with one thing, that is to praise God. He, like some other prophets, or men of God, adored listening to their Creator and appreciating His Words as the best heavenly food.
To come to appreciate that word and to believe in it one has to get the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ, which does not seem so evidently when we look at the many denominations in Christendom and Christianity. For sure it is not so easy when we know that God Himself has hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge in Christ. (Colossians 2:2-3)
In the reading of today we can read how Paul was delighted to see how disciplined the Colossians were and how firm their faith in Christ the Messiah was. (Colossians 2:5) He warns them not to leave that faith diminishing by not reading the scrolls and by thinking they can go on their own.
When you received Christ you too should walk in him, rooted and built up in him, and established in your faith, even as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. (Colossians 2:6-7) You should be careful that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy. Many of the main churches may say they are the right church because they are the biggest. But let you not be fooled, most of those churches depend on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on the Nazarene Jewish rebbe Jeshua, better known as Jesus Christ. (Colossians 2:8) That son of man and son of God knew very well that God is greater than him and stands above all other gods. Jesus also taught that we should only worship that unseen eternal Spirit God. (John 14:28)
When you have been filled by the sent one from God, who is the head of every ruler and authority, you may find that your inner being shall change by stripping off the corrupt nature of our worldly being (Colossians 2:11). The effect of knowing how great and awesome that only one True God is, is the overflow of praise to Him Who stand above all gods. Seeing how Jesus loved his Father and what Jesus has done and how his heavenly Father accepted his ransom offer, one will want to praise God for all that God is and has done.
It is God Who makes people alive with Christ. By Jesus his ransom offer the debt was paid to Jehovah God. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us. It is Jesus who by being nailed to the wooden stake let his blood wash us clean. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, God made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the impalement of His only begotten beloved son. The charges that were brought against us by the written laws God had established have now been erased. (Colossians 2:13-15)
This brings about a satisfaction that nothing in this world can bring. It is a knowing that God is in control, that God is providing all that is needed, that God is loving, that God is merciful and accepted Jesus his sacrificial offering for all, that God is with each person who wants to look for Him and come to Him, and much more.
We dare to ask you to take time to study the Word of God and to realize how great God is and what He has already done for you. With that, begin to give Him praise. Find the satisfaction that David (Psalm 63:5) and the son of David (Jeshua/Jesus) had in praising God.
- When you don’t know what to do and hate yourself
- Gaining deeper understanding
- How to look for and how to handle the Truth
- Getting to know the Truth
- Revealing books
- Who Wrote the Bible?
- Written down in God’s Name
- The Bible: God’s Word or pious myth?
- Pure Words and Testimonies full of Breath of the Most High
- Bible Word of God inspired and infallible
- Written down in God’s Name for righteousness
- Written to whom it is about to be reckoned
- Bible, helmet of health, salvation and sword of the spirit
- Bible, best Book of books to get to know the truth
- Unsure about relevance Bible
- Why believing the Bible
- The Bible is a today book
- Bible a guide – Bijbel als gids
- Bible like puddle of water
- Bible for you and for life
- Possibility to live
- People Seeking for God 5 Bread of life
- The radiance of God’s glory and the counsellor
- Getting to know the Truth
- Jehovah God Almighty greater than all gods
- Appointed to be read
- Food as a Therapeutic Aid
- What about Faith is Our Choice?
- Power in the life of certain
- How is it that Christ pleased God so perfectly?
- Following Christ involves a wholehearted commitment
- Believing what Jesus says
- Focussing on oneness with Jesus like Jesus is one with God
- A strange thing might happen when you come under Christ
- Being Religious and Spiritual 7 Transcendence to become one
- Out of Context: How to Avoid Misinterpreting the Bible