“4 He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity 5 (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?);” (1Ti 3:4-5 NAS)
Ruleth Well His Own House
This passage (1 Tim. iii. 4) clearly enunciates the Divine requirements necessary in those who would take responsibility in Ecclesial Life.
What more fitting than the man who is the head of the woman, and consequently head of the house, should give the lead necessary for Spiritual success.
“As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord”
must be the foundation upon which the house is built.
In Patriarchal days the head of the house was not only the Father, but the priest. With what zeal he would attend to the things that matter most.
In our day, the need is greater to rule one’s own house well because of the increasing wickedness which has been prophesied should come, and even now is rampant in the earth. A man is placed or set over his own house to guide it by his example, and if he realises his duties and responsibilities in Ecclesial life he will take even more care of the Spiritual house.
The man who has failed to rule his own house will fail to be careful of the Church of God.
Fred. E. Williams.
- Role of the Shepherd…#1
- Read the New Testament in a year, one chapter a day, five days a week: Read 1 Timothy 3
- 1 Timothy 3
- He That Backbiteth Not with His Tongue – Part 1
- “Hold to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.“ ~Apostle Paul
- Authority Figures in the Church — Elders
- Authority Figures in the Church — Deacons
- Conclusion–Mutual Submission to Each Other Under Christ, Not a Chain of Command
- Hey, Boomers! Let’s Step Up And Be the Elders the Church Desperately Needs Right Now
- Affairs shouldn’t permanently disqualify pastors from the pulpit – poll
- Best Use Seasoned Wood
- The Role Of A Deacon
- Personal responsibility in a time of division
- How To Win At Life…
- Christian Identity: 1 Peter 2:5
- God is Building You Up
- Building Your Spiritual House
- Building Your Spiritual House II
- Building Your Spiritual House III
- Building Your Spiritual House IV
- Divine Intervention
- Living stones
- No Rock Like Our God