The Anointed begotten Son of God
13. Son ofand
He would be a new Adam and also a son of Abraham – A Jew born, and as such has a right to the first offer of salvation. Salvation came to him in the sense that his heart was turned from sin and selfishness toward God and righteousness. Jesus had faith in Abraham and as such could be counted as one of his children.
“And יהושע said to him, “Today deliverance has come to this house – since he also is a son of Aḇraham. “For the Son of Aḏam has come to seek and to save what was lost.” And as they were hearing this, He spoke another parable, because He was near Yerushalayim and they thought the reign of Elohim was about to be manifested straightaway. He therefore said, “A certain nobleman went to a distant country to receive for himself a reign and to return.” (Luke 19:9-12 The Scriptures 1998+)
For us this may be an assurance that all who have the faith of Abraham may be counted as children of Abraham as disciples of Jesus.
When the apostle Matthew gives us the family tree we clearly can see the connection of Jeshua/Jesus with Adam, Abraham and David. In his 1st chapter he provides basic information about the origin of Jesus, genesis of Jesus. His birth certificate is certified and guaranteed in Scripture. For Matthew this is not just his birth, but his origin (genesis, with one “nee,” Greek letter n, in the best manuscripts). That same word genesis opens the entire New Testament — as giving us the genealogy of the Son of God (Matt. 1:1).
14. The Anointed son of
“And Shim’on Kĕpha answering, said, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living Elohim.” And יהושע answering, said to him, “Blessed are you, Shim’on Bar-Yonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father in the heavens.” (Matthew 16:16-17 The Scriptures 1998+)
Peter had received the vision we as Christians all should and can receive when we are willing to open up our mind to the Father of that promised anointed one. Jeshua or Jesus, as he is better known, is the Anointed One, the Messiah, whom God promised and provided for our salvation.
“Then Kĕpha, filled with the Set-apart Spirit, said to them, “Rulers of the people and elders of Yisra’ĕl: “If today we are called to account for a good deed towards a sick man, by whom he has been healed, let it be known to all of you, and to all the people of Yisra’ĕl, that in the Name of יהושע Messiah of Natsareth, whom you impaled, whom Elohim raised from the dead, by Him this one stands before you, healthy. “This is ‘the stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ “And there is no deliverance in anyone else, for there is no other Name under the heaven given among men by which we need to be saved.” And seeing the boldness of Kĕpha and Yoḥanan, and perceiving that they were unlearned and ordinary men, they marvelled. And they recognised that they had been with יהושע.” (Acts 4:8-13 The Scriptures 1998+)
“Messiah” is the Hebrew equivalent of the Greek word “Christos” or “Christ”.
Jesus did say he was the Messiah. He said he was Messiah to the Samaritan woman at the well at Sychar. John 4:25-26
Jesus acknowledged being the Christ, after Peter’s confession in Matthew 16:15-17
Jesus never said he was God the son but he claimed to be the son of God in John 10:36
Preceding article: Jesus begotten Son of God #5 Apsotle, High Priest and King
To be continued: A time in the future + The one who would got begotten
- Who is Jesus Christ?
- Who is Jesus Christ? #1 What does the Bible say
- “Son of God” – “God the Son”
- Spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba Father
- Da Vinci Code: Was Jesus Human or Divine?
- Through Christ’s death you can be adopted as a child of God
- Jesus son of God
“Jesus is the Son of God.” Six simple words. However, they are much more than simple words; they are the doorway that opens our hearts to God.
- Christian thought: acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God
- Son of God Wise servant
- How many times was Jesus anointed by a woman?
- Did Jesus ever say he was the Messiah?
- Does the Old Testament predict two comings of the Messiah?
- Do the seventy weeks of Daniel 9:24-27 prove that Jesus was the Messiah? How is the calculation done? Can you explain me that prophecy?
- What did Jesus mean when he said “before Abraham was, I am”?
Whether the action which happens “before” is future, present or past is determined by the following verb.
Christ has already explained the context in v.56 “Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” The seeing was in the past. But when was Christ’s day? Clearly it is future to Abraham: firstly 27-30AD, when Christ was preaching, culminating in his sacrifice, resurrection and ascension, but also secondly the “day” of Christ relates to the other “day of the Lord” verses in Christ’s teaching and elsewhere in the New and Old Testaments — the day when Christ will raise Abraham from the dead and Abraham will see Christ.
- What are all the names of Jesus in the Bible?
- Zoon van God
- Joodse interpretatie van Zoon van God
- 95 stellingen Wittenberg Maarten Luther #12 Om te herinneren #1 God de Vader
- 95 stellingen Wittenberg Maarten Luther #12 Om te herinneren #3 Betreft Jezus C
- Zoon van
- Jezus van Nazareth #3 De Zoon van God
- Hij is de Zoon van God
- Christelijke Overdenking: Jezus zoon van God
- Gnostiek, Judas evangelie, bijbelonderricht, zoon van God
- De rol van de Vader en zijn Zoon
- Zoon en Vader eren
- Jesus begotten Son of God #3 Messiah or Anointed one (christadelphians.wordpress.com)
- Jesus begotten Son of God #4 Promised Prophet and Saviour (christadelphians.wordpress.com)
- Was Jesus begotten and what does begotten mean(wiki.answers.com)In a few contexts, ‘sons’ of God are those to whom the word of God is given (Ps 82; John 10:34); and, in this, Israel has been uniquely honoured. God thus said of Israel, “Israel is my son, even my firstborn”… . Any ‘son’ of God is expected to worship Him, and Him alone.
Starting with “Adam”, human beings are created. St Luke describes the newly created Adam as a son of God. However, the ‘first-begotten’ of God, in the context of Hebrews 1:6, means just what it says; that, as a man, Jesus was the first and only human being conceived of God, conceived in the womb “by the power of the Most High”. So as Jesus is not only human but is, thus, also divine, he clearly merits worship.+
If Jesus was, quite literally, conceived and begotten of God in the womb of a woman, then wecan be born of God here and now. We only need to accept our weakness before him and spiritually accept and receive him.
- For God So Loved the World That He Gave His Only Begotten Son (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah Jireh(jgmtheo.wordpress.com)Abraham was full of faith, believing God’s ability to keep His promises. If God asked Abraham to sacrifice Issac Abraham believed that, God could raise Isaac from the dead. Therefore, Abraham could bring his son back after worshipping God. Isaac was the “child of promise” to elderly parents (See Gen18:11) who were past the age of childbirth. Isaac came in a sense “even from the dead” and in figure or type, Abraham received him back now.
- The Priesthood of Melchizedek(briancoatney.com)The book of Hebrews leads the willing believer into the priesthood of Melchizedek, which seems strange since Melchizedek is only mentioned in Genesis, Psalm 110, and Hebrews. How could a few tiny obscure references define the priestly order of Jesus Christ and of His offspring, namely us?
- “For with God nothing will be impossible” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- The New Testament Fulfillment Of Old Testament Promises (via Dane Ortlund)(mgpcpastor.com)Dane Ortlund provides us with 27 New Testament windows through which the fulfillment of Old Testament promises can be seen.
- The New Testament’s Multi-dimensional Fulfillment of the Old(pjcockrell.wordpress.com)One former prof of mine used to say that the NT is a 27-volume commentary on the OT. Truth to that.