Often we get negative reactions on our replies, using so many bible verses and not having words of the many theologians from the past.
We do find that the Bible says it all. There may have been lots of people who call themselves or who are called theologians, but we trust on it that the Bible is the best source to give all the answers. Some people say then that we are like the Jehovah Witnesses (JW). Those letter writers complain that the JW also come up with so many bible verses contradicting what those philosophers and theologians are claiming to be the truth. Both Jehovah Witnesses and Christadelphians, according to the letter writers seem to be on the same line.
We do agree, lots of our teachings and presentations of Bible exposure or exhortations use lots of Bible fragments and not as many writings from previous theologians. First we are on a similar line with the Jehovah Witnesses and other serious Bible Students, because they, and we, are basing our doctrines on the biblical doctrines and not on human doctrines. The different Bible Students Groups having the Bible as their Guide, naturally shall have to be on a similar footage. No wonder when all those groups use the same basic Book of books as their Guide.
Many theologians led themselves be guided by the doctrines of some one they are following, be it for example Luther or Calvin, or are writing according the ideas of their Churchgroup or denomination. Lots of people are convinced only consecrated priests (of the major or main churches) can explain the bible, as if it are only male figures who are formed by a university, who could read the Bible properly. That makes God to Someone Who wants to give His Word only to a select few and does not make it able for far away living people to come to the true knowledge of Scripture or of God’s Mystery.
God is a loving God and His Word is available to everybody who wants to read it. It is also God Who calls people. He is it that gives wisdom, and not scholars. Each person who is seriously interested in the Word of God, and wants to study the Bible, shall be able to receive knowledge from God. It is up to each individual to have to exercise his or her mind to know about Him, His masterworks, His son, His Will and His Plans. God as well as His son are revealed in Scripture and all the priests and preachers could or can only be a help to bring the Good News to man, but they are not essential or do not have to be especially trained and be consecrated.
Each individual can come to the truth by his or her own research in the Scriptures. Also by daring to ask questions one can come to more insight. It is useful in discussion to lead the conversation by well-chosen questions which guide the disputant to the desired conclusion without having to tell him so. This approach reduces the “loss of face” which can be a barrier to further profitable discussion.
It is wrong to think only theologians with their printed books can tell the truth. In general people should much more count on the Spirit of god, the Helper, Who shall come onto those who are willing to receive Him.
“But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.” (John 16:13)
It is a matter of daring to ask and daring to look for the truth.
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8)
Many people have lots of questions. To find replies to them the Christadelphians do want to help with answers and have several websites to do so. There are many cultures and many denominations. In all those denominations there may be several well-known theologians at work. But we advise all people to compare what they and what we say, with the Bible as control tool. Every time you should check the sayings and replies with the texts from the Holy Scriptures, which we do believe should be the basic of your faith.
There is now a brand new resource that has been developed for the network over the past few months called ‘In defence of our Faith’, been designed to be a resource for both our community and those who are interested in our position on key areas of scriptural understanding by pulling together, bible verses, articles, links, wrested scriptures and video.
The website has been setup as a resource for Christadelphians to quickly find those spiritual defences to our faith – allowing us quickly to establish biblical truth by turning to Gods word. The pages are setup to bring to light both false doctrines from other religions and common contentious issues found within ecclesial life that on occasions need to be confronted. Much of the editorial content relies heavily on the defences set out within Wrested Scriptures by Bro. Ron Abel.
Where possible each section includes suggested video presentations as well as articles and links on the various topics. It is very much in its infancy, a work in progress, but the makers hope to develop the area by adding many more topics as more Brothers and sisters become involved and wish to contribute. As such each section will offer the ability to comment on suggested helpful links, verses, and arguments. We will continually update the contents of the site as new material is provided.
- A question to be posed
- Who Wrote the Bible?
- The Bible: God’s Word or pious myth?
- Unsure about relevance Bible
- Appointed to be read
- Pure Words and Testimonies full of Breath of the Most High
- Bible a guide – Bijbel als gids
- The Bible is a today book
- Bible like puddle of water
- Bible for you and for life
- A Bible Falling Apart Belongs to Someone who isn’t
- Of the many books Only the Bible can transform
- Bible, helmet of health, salvation and sword of the spirit
- Written down in God’s Name for righteousness
- Revealing books
- Learn to read the Bible effectively
- NWT and what other scholars have to say to its critics
- Getting to know the Truth
- How to look for and how to handle the Truth
- Why believing the Bible
- The radiance of God’s glory and the counsellor
- Why can’t Bible scholars agree on how to interpret the Bible?
- Out of Context: How to Avoid Misinterpreting the Bible
- Paul’s warning about false stories and his call to quit touching the unclean thing
- Matthew 15 An argument with the Scribes – Teachers and traditions
- The false prophets in the present world
- Gaining deeper understanding
- Feed Your Faith Daily
- How to Study the Bible: We Are in This Together
- Believing what Jesus says
- From Bibles and other religious writings and those who witness for Jehovah
- Discipleship way of life on the narrow way to everlasting life
- Bric-a-brac of the Bible
- Bible ownership and Bible knowledge slumped
- Pulpit reserved for the pastor
- Newsweek asks: How ignorant are you?
- Possibility to live
- Power in the life of certain
- Determined To Stick With Truth.
- Rebirth and belonging to a church
- Not all christians are followers of a Greco-Roman culture
- Bringing Good News into the world
- Credo of the Christadelphian
- Nice Theologians Leading the Church Away from the Truth
- Much ado about nothing
- Theologians condemn Christian Nationalism…’grave sins against God the Creator’
- Academics Do not Kill Faith—Your Heart Does
- List of Non-Calvinist Theologians
- Mothers As Theologians
- Young, Restless, and Woke: A new breed of Theologians.