In our Bible readings today Psalm 19 reminds us of the wonder of God’s creation. All that He has made in the heavens declares His glory, with every part perfectly designed for its role and purpose. Although the heavenly bodies have no voice, they speak volumes about the mighty Creator, witnessing to His majesty and power in silent obedience.
The created world around us confirms the continuing existence and care of the One Who made all things. And yet, for us to get to know Him properly, we are not to engage in star-gazing, but are to open His word. The second half of the Psalm emphasises the blessings to be gained from attending to the scriptures,
“Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward” (Psalm 19:11, ESV).
Along with the witness of creation, the signs around us provide ample evidence that God remains an active player in this world and His angels remain busy ensuring all things work out as He intended. In worrying times (such as Middle Eastern unrest, or when bush fires rage) our God is the One Who rules, and soon He will intervene by sending His Son to reign in righteousness. As we begin another year, our individual and collective prayer should be
‘Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth …’
- Looking to the East and the West for Truth
- No other god besides Jehovah who gives all explanation
- Main verses in the Bible telling us Who God is #3 The Set apart or holy One faithful and righteous God
- Main verses in the Bible telling us Who God is #7 The Stronghold and Rock God a Refuge and strong Shield and Tower
- Challenging claim 4 Inspired by God 3 Self-consistent Word of God
- To know God by wonders