As we await the final outcome of negotiations with the EU, Britain continues to look for ways of bolstering her influence in the world post-Brexit. To this end, there is an ongoing strengthening of ties with traditional allies in the Gulf region.
In April this year it was announced that Britain had opened a permanent military base in Bahrain. More recently, we have learned that the UK will establish a new military training base next year in Oman. The Defence Secretary, Gavin Williamson, made this announcement a few days ago while visiting that Gulf state, “to oversee a joint British-Omani military training exercise … Five thousand five hundred British armed forces personnel are participating … in what Williamson said is
‘the largest military exercise that is going on in the world at present. Britain isn’t retreating from the world. We are stepping out’” (BICOM, November 8).
In Ezekiel’s prophecy of the latter days, “Sheba and Dedan” are mentioned – names that point us to the Gulf region – and they are said to be associated with Britain and her allies,
“the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof” (38:13).
As recent events are demonstrating, this association is already there – and growing!
With thanks to Brother Roger Long
- EU Complete Me – Marching Against the Brexit Blues
- Middle East update: November 7 2018
- Oman, UK ink mutual defense agreement
- ‘Netanyahu Must Know His Probable Visit Would Be Confronted by All Bahrainis’
- UK’s New Omani Base Is Part of Its Post-Brexit Pivot to the Indian Ocean
- @BritishArmy: RT @RoyalTankRegt: Missing the Omani desert already…#SaifSareea3 #FearNaught #Oman #السيف_السريع٣ https://t.co/cFZODN6VgD
- The significance of open relations between the Gulf states and Israel
- Event: Activists from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Yemen speak out against UK complicity in human rights abuses and war crimes
- Symbolic outrage? US senators seek to stop arms sales to Saudis… after killing Bahrain ban bill
- Gulf citizens renew calls for anti-normalisation with Israel
- Why Gulf Wealth Matters to the UK: David Wearing interview
- Immigration in the Post-Brexit World
- British army will no longer readmit troops caught taking illegal drugs
- Prophesied North Korea War With Israel
- Jeremiah Chapter 49 Part one
- Isaiah 23, a prophecy about Tyre,
- The Mystery of the Eagle