In the reading of today the apostle Paul asks us to remembered that in the last days there will be many troubles, because people will love themselves, love money, brag, and be proud. He tells us about signs we should come to see. Looking around us we may see many signs spoken of in scriptures. We see that there are many people saying evil things against others and find lots of children who do not want to obey their parents or be thankful or be the kind of people God wants. Do you see those lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy? (2 Timothy 3:2)
How many people can we not find speaking abusively or blasphemous?
In our daily life regularly we are confronted with people who live ungodly, not interested in the welfare of others. They will not love others, will refuse to forgive, will gossip or slander, and will not control themselves. Everywhere around us we can see people who are cruel to others and who do not show their love for nature nor for mankind. For some people we know it looks as if the word “good” is not in their dictionary or vocabulary. On their lips are enough words to damage others. Often we find people who do their best to have us to turn against their friends and our friends. It looks as if they get pleasure by slandering and damaging others.
We must make sure we shall not be conceited and shall not find love in ungodly or unholy actions, behaving in an unworthy way, having a form/appearance of godliness/piety. (2 Timothy 3:6)
Let us make sure that we are in control of our desires and shall not do foolish things without thinking. always having God’s Will in mind, we ought to go in the footsteps of Jesus, who must be our best example to follow. History has shown us that there have always been people against God and against men of God, like Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Jesus. Just as Jannes and Jambres (the Egyptian magicians who opposed Moses; Ex. 7:11) were against Moses, these people are against the truth. Their thinking has been ruined, and they have failed in trying to follow the faith. Today too we find many whose thoughts are corrupted. Today we also find a lot of teachers and/or preachers teaching a counterfeit faith.
Those who follow the teachings of Jeshua (Jesus Christ) should know that coming closer to the end times, there shall be more preaching of the Gospel but also more people against such preaching. In fact everyone who wants to live as God desires [in a godly manner], in Christ Jesus, will be persecuted. (2 Timothy 3:12)
We should help each other to be strong and we should join hands with those who share the same love for Jesus and His God. Together we should comfort each other and built each-other up with Bible reading and exhortations. We should know that we are given the Book of books to make us wise.
By such bible reading we might find wisdom that leads to salvation through faith in Jeshua the Messiah (Christ Jesus). (2 Timothy 3:15) Being sure that all Scripture is inspired by God [breathed out by God] in that Bestseller of all times we may find the best Guide for life. That Book of books is not only useful for teaching, for showing people what is wrong in their lives [refuting error; rebuking], for correcting faults, but is also the best guide for teaching how to live right [training in righteousness].
- Devotees and spotters
- A book of life and a man born more than two thousand years ago
- Not about personal salvation but about a bigger Plan
- God’s Plan, Purpose and teachings
- Signs of the Last Days
- A New Reformation
- Reflections on the Great War #1 100 years on
- Americans their stars, pretension, God, Allah and end of times signs #3 Cyberwars and prophesy
- Christians at War? Christians using violence?
- Back from gone #2 Aim of godly people
- Back from gone #4 Your inner feelings and actions
- Responses to Radical Muslims and Radical Christians
- The Rapture Wars
- Words to inspire and to give wisdom
- For those Christians who say they are the Victim
- We are redeemed; we are “bought with a price”
- 7 Ways To Become A Better Christian
- The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong
- Being of good courage running the race
- Running the battle
- Life is like a ten-speed bike.
- Followers with deepening
- The high calling of God in Christ Jesus
- Salvation and Righteousness
- Seeds, weeds and kingdoms
- Seeds and weeds for being the greatest nation
- What I Hope For Is What You Hope For
- Coming together in dark days
- Let us being filled each day by the Word of God
- If some of us do not feel safe
- Jewish and Gentile Disciples
- Division, diversity, unity and connection