Renewing the Mind
The Bible is going to be our guidebook and companion along life’s journey and it will help to mould and shape our thinking and our feelings. It does not merely change our mind about things – as this course might have changed your mind about the things you believe as you have been reading. The Bible renews our mind. The more we read it, the more we understand about God and His purpose and the more we shall want to be part of that purpose, whatever the personal cost. It is a life-giving Word from God which is quite unlike any other book you might read. Because the Bible comprises a large and complicated collection of books, it takes time fully to understand it, and there are endless avenues to explore. It is meant to be a life-long study for the man and woman of God.
But it is a two-way process when we start to learn about God and want to get to know Him more and more. This is why Paul says we should be persistent in prayer. He means that we should keep praying. Prayer is our opportunity to talk to God and to tell Him how we are feeling about things. We can thank Him for all He is doing in our lives; ask Him for help and guidance and praise Him. When we become baptized believers we can pray for forgiveness to a Father who is always ready to help and to forgive when we fail. For it is not only in the act of baptism that our sins are forgiven. When, after baptism, we fail to achieve the sort of behaviour at which we are aiming, as we all do, then God is ready to forgive us through our Lord Jesus Christ and to help us to keep going forward in our next attempt:
“My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments” (1 John 2:1-3).
There are commandments to be kept as part of our new life in Christ and we will gradually become more obedient and more faithful if we are striving to live as followers of Jesus. Over time we will see a change taking place and, at the coming of Christ, it will be completed by the transformation of our bodies.
- To create a great journey
- Bible Word from God
- Bible Inspired Word of God
- Bible Word of God inspired and infallible
- Bible exceptional Book of books where nothing can be taken away or added
- All Scripture Has Its Point of Origin In God’s Mind
- Colour-blindness and road code
- Bible as a Guide
- A Book to trust #1 Background book for debate
- A Book to trust #26 Roadmap for life out of darkness
- Importance to read the Bible regularly and gain understanding
- Counterfeit Gospels
- A Bible Falling Apart Belongs to Someone who isn’t
- Al-Fatiha [The Opening] Süra 1: 4-7 Merciful Lord of the Creation to show us the right path
- Human & Biblical teachings
- With the Bible, honour should be given to God and not to people
- Vital importance of reading and following the Kitvei Hakodesh
- Jehovah steep rock and fortress, source of insight
- Only I can change my life
- A Living Faith #7 Prayer
- A Living Faith #8 Change
- We will all be changed
- Prayer, important aspect in our life
- Prayer Bible verses to help us to get a deeper conversation with God
- Concerning prayer and thought for the day
- Genuine prayer
- If you think you’re too small to be effective
- Quit griping about your church
- Give your worries to God
- Does God hear prayer?
- Sometimes we pray and pray and it seems like nothing happens.
- Does God answer prayer?
- God doesn’t call the qualified
- He who kneels before God can stand before anyone!
- Prayer, important aspect in our life
- People who know how to pray to move God to take hold of our affairs in a mighty way
- Prayer has comforted us in sorrow
- Prayer has the power to change mountains into highways
- Being sure of their deliverance
- Preventing us from going window-shopping in prayer
- If you do pray you shall not be disappointed
- Try driving forward instead of backwards
- Work with joy and pray with love