Governance and objectives of the ecclesia/charity
Following a consultation with the church membership around the direction of the ecclesia and charity, the objects were redefined as:
To advance Bible-based Christian faith to the glory of God and the honour of Jesus Christ in accordance with the Christadelphian Birmingham Amended Statement of Faith (Section 3) for the benefit of members of the public and the worldwide Christadelphian community particularly in and around Newbury (United Kingdom) and in Brussels, Leuven, Heverlee, Leefdaal, Tervuren, Mons, Nivelles (Belgium).
The Charity’s objectives (the objects) are:
1. To glorify God and His Son
2. To share God’s love and truth
3. To support one another We aim to achieve these through activities such as
● Offering worship that is honouring to God and accessible and relevant to all.
● Offering and receiving spiritual and practical support and development.
● Sharing the Good News about Jesus Christ and the Gospel of salvation.
● Holding meetings, open to the public for worship, prayer and Bible teaching.
● Preaching to the public through personal engagement and/or by invitations to preaching/teaching meetings and/or by other means.
● Arranging activities such as Sunday School, Youth Club(s), Coffee Mornings, Lunch Clubs and/or other occasional activities that provide opportunities for hearing about the gospel and benefiting from social interactions.
● Serving, to the extent feasible, the pastoral and other welfare needs of ecclesial members and others.
● Understanding the communities in which we live and seeking to be involved in them and in caring for them.
● Raising funds through periodic collections for charitable needs, including collections for relief of suffering throughout the UK and worldwide where appropriate.
● Making our hall and other resources available for community groups that have objectives that are compatible with our own values and charitable purposes.
Next: How should we worship God? #1 Appreciation for God