In these days lots of people are convinced they have enough wisdom, whilst others think wisdom can be found at the social media. Over there we see the groups or pages do get more attention than lots of serious websites and interesting printed magazines, which are loosing readers.
Many think they also best go to their friends to receive advice. But today’s bible reading shows us that also, can be a very dangerous undertaking.
The book of Job lets us know that people know a lot and can do a lot of things. Though man knowing how to construct grand masterworks, where to dig the necessary materials, to grow and prepare their food, to cut tunnels in the rocks, to dam up the trickling streams, also bringing to light many hidden treasures, do they really have so much wisdom as they think? (Job 28:1-4; 9-11)
Do people know where to find wisdom?
Where can they find understanding?
It looks more that no one knows where to find the most concluding wisdom or does not value ‘It’ properly, for it is not found among the living.
“12 But where shall wisdom be found? And where is the place of understanding? 13 Man knoweth not the price thereof; Neither is it found in the land of the living.” (Job 28:12-13 ASV)
Proverbs 8:3–36 gives a good articulated picture of wisdom in the Bible. Personified there as ‘Lady Wisdom‘, we can find a way of presenting that what for ages has been looked for by man.
“3 Beside the gates, at the entry of the city, At the coming in at the doors, she crieth aloud: 4 Unto you, O men, I call; And my voice is to the sons of men. 5 O ye simple, understand prudence; And, ye fools, be of an understanding heart. 6 Hear, for I will speak excellent things; And the opening of my lips shall be right things. 7 For my mouth shall utter truth; And wickedness is an abomination to my lips. 8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; There is nothing crooked or perverse in them. 9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, And right to them that find knowledge. 10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; And knowledge rather than choice gold. 11 For wisdom is better than rubies; And all the things that may be desired are not to be compared unto it.
12 I wisdom have made prudence my dwelling, And find out knowledge and discretion. 13 The fear of Jehovah is to hate evil: Pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, And the perverse mouth, do I hate. 14 Counsel is mine, and sound knowledge: I am understanding; I have might. 15 By me kings reign, And princes decree justice. 16 By me princes rule, And nobles, even all the judges of the earth. 17 I love them that love me; And those that seek me diligently shall find me. 18 Riches and honor are with me; Yea, durable wealth and righteousness. 19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; And my revenue than choice silver. 20 I walk in the way of righteousness, In the midst of the paths of justice; 21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance, And that I may fill their treasuries.
22 Jehovah possessed me in the beginning of his way, Before his works of old. 23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, Before the earth was. 24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth, When there were no fountains abounding with water. 25 Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills was I brought forth; 26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, Nor the beginning of the dust of the world. 27 When he established the heavens, I was there: When he set a circle upon the face of the deep, 28 When he made firm the skies above, When the fountains of the deep became strong, 29 When he gave to the sea its bound, That the waters should not transgress his commandment, When he marked out the foundations of the earth; 30 Then I was by him, as a master workman; And I was daily his delight, Rejoicing always before him, 31 Rejoicing in his habitable earth; And my delight was with the sons of men.
32 Now therefore, my sons, hearken unto me; For blessed are they that keep my ways. 33 Hear instruction, and be wise, And refuse it not. 34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at the posts of my doors. 35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, And shall obtain favor of Jehovah. 36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: All they that hate me love death.” (Pr 8:3-36 ASV)
Job explains that wisdom might now be hidden. We should know that God does not hide such a precious treasure. He even has given every human being the possibility to gain wisdom. But it is up to each individual to go searching for it.
Job, his friends and many here on earth may think that humans have a better chance of finding immeasurable wealth than of attaining wisdom. This is because ‘she’ is only found on one road, and that’s the God-fearing road of piety. In order to find wisdom, one must allow God to direct her there; and ironically, the knowledge that God must direct lives is wisdom itself!
We also lack wisdom, but we want to share the little knowledge that we may have with each other, so that everyone can supplement their knowledge to the knowledge of the other. In this way we can grow together in insight, knowledge and the necessary wisdom, supplemented by the wisdom that the Bible readings of that day may bring further.
- Souls and Religions with Nirvana and light
- Looking for something or for the Truth and what it might be and self-awareness
- Truth & doubt
- Where to learn the truth
- An other tool bringing words for understanding and wisdom
- A Book to trust #28 A Collection of words showing and teaching us about the beginnings to the end
- A Book to trust #29 God His Book, God-breathed profitable for doctrine, for reproof and for correction
- Bible, best Book of books to get to know the truth
- A Start for looking at the unseen and the treasure to look forward to
- Reading to grow and to become wise concerning the most important thing in life 2 Prophetic and poetic writers
- Reading to grow and to become wise concerning the most important thing in life 3 Light and wisdom in words
- Moment of getting knowledge and its consequence
- Truth never plays false roles of any kind, which is why people are so surprised when meeting it
- God’s Blog recorded in a Book
- Bible Inspired Word of God
- Everything from the Bible is useful for humans
- Bible exceptional Book of books where nothing can be taken away or added
- Vital importance of reading and following the Kitvei Hakodesh
- Eternal Word that tells everything
- Bible offering hope and wisdom
- Bible, helmet of health, salvation and sword of the spirit
- True God giving His Word for getting wisdom
- Scripture words written for our learning, given by inspiration of God for edification
- Words to inspire and to give wisdom
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 1 Works of God and works of man
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 4 Getting understanding by Word of God 2
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 8 By no means unintelligible or mysterious to people
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 9 Searching the Scriptures
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 10 Instructions for insight and wisdom
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 11 Believing and obeying the gospel of the Kingdom of God
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 12 Words assembled for wisdom and instruction
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 13 Getting wisdom
- Truth, doubt or blindness
- Wisdom not hard to find nor hiding in remote places
- Wisdom lies deep
- On the Edge of Believing
- Infinite complexity and true wisdom
- God’s wisdom for the believer brings peace
- By temptations, by signs, and by wonders we can see the Works of God
- Importance to read the Bible regularly and gain understanding
- How to Read the Bible (sequel 3)
- Sharing thoughts and philosophical writings
- Philosophy hand in hand with spirituality
- Thomas Aquinas on Wisdom by Robert M. Woods
- Several quotes about wisdom
- The fear of the Lord
- Humility and the Fear of the Lord
- Growth in character
- A Living Faith #2 State of your faith
- Get up in the morning and pray for the Lord’s blessings
- Happy who’s delight is only in the law of Jehovah
- God’s wisdom for the believer brings peace
- Sharing the depth of God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge
- Words of Wisdom – “To Be a Believer in Nothingness” – Philosophy on Religion – 12/8/2019
- Wise…and The Wiser
- The Five Questions – Part 2 | The Wisdom SeriesThe hidden wisdom of God
- 2 Chronicles 9 and Revelation 6
- Muddled mind
- Thought For the Day: The Wise Teacher Leads You To the Threshold of Your Mind, Not Theirs
- Word For The Day… A teacher comes when you are ready
- If youth knew!
- Life is short. Remember, focus on what matters and let go of what does not.
- Finishing strong