Let them be put to shame and dismayed for ever;
Yea, let them be confounded and perish;
18 That they may know that [a]
thou alone, whose name is Jehovah,
Art the Most High over all the earth.
Psalm 83:17-18 (ASV)
In the 19th century there was one of the Bible Students who warned people about the problem and danger for the country, of their attitude concerning gaining wealth.
Throughout the ages churches could get enough money from their members, telling them they could buy themself free from torture in purgatory and hell by giving money to the church. In this time and age people came to love money so much they prefer to keep it to themselves and most of them are not prepared to share it with others. With their love for money came the church being placed in the corner of oblivion.
Or, thou, whose name alone is Jehovah,
From the ancient writings offered to the world we learn that even God’s People sometimes seemed to have forgotten the Name and the Place of their God. They also did not mind to put their God to a test, giving in to idolatry, sexual immorality. Whilst doing so they even did not mind grumbling against their God.
Today there is not much changed of the attitude of man opposite to their Divine Creator. As long as everything goes alright they do not know Him. But as soon something goes wrong they blame Him for that wrong going or for the pain and suffering they have to undergo.
From the Bible we may find lots of examples of how people treated God. Those examples are given so that we might not desire evil as they did. They were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come. (1 Corinthians 10:6-13)
From the many stories we can see how patient God was and how He on several occasions allowed the nation to follow their sinful heart for the purpose of warning the people of God in the latter days. We should learn from them and have to notice how God was working out His purpose for His Household the church more than a millennium before He let one of the most important examples from the Scriptures walk the earth.
That son of man talked a lot about his heavenly Father and taught people how to relate to this God of Israel, the God of Abraham. a few centuries after that son of God had died, several false teachers, claiming to be followers of him, did everything to have other names for God. They also changed the name of the Nazarene Jew Jeshua in Issou [Hail Zeus (today better known as Jesus Christ in English speaking countries)]. Worse was that they made him into their god and made him part of a three-headed god, the Trinity. they forbid people to read the scrolls or Holy Scriptures so that they would not come to know the truth. When print brought the possibility to the ordinary people to read the Bible, they even went so far to try to hide the name of God and changed in several Bible translations to “Lord” and when they quoted from Scriptures also said “Lord” or “God” instead of saying the real name of both Biblical Characters, Jehovah and Jeshua (Jehovah and Jesus).
Coming closer to the end times it gets more important that more people shall come to know the Most High God and His Name. It is that Divine Maker to Whom belongs all praise. His Name should be praised more than any other name. Be it by the beginning or by the ending of the day, we should praise God as the Most High.
When you feel it as if we are in dark times you should find even ore the reason to use God’s Name and praise Him for the good things he may bestow on you. That praise may be with spoken words or by singing. And every time there is reason enough to use the right Name, showing that you clearly know the Only One True God, the Elohim Hashem Jehovah.
In this capitalist world where there seems to be not much place for honouring and worshipping the Giver of all things, you should make the right choice and recognise Who is the Maker and Giver of life and of all things: Jehovah God.
Though it might be very attractive to gain as much money as possible in this society where most people cherish their money and acquired things, you, when you want to be a real follower of Christ Jesus, should know those assets are of no value when you compare the gift of Jehovah God, which shall be given to those who kept to the Word of God and to the Law of God.
- The Giant evil and danger for the country
- Looking for answers on the question Is there a God #2 Pantheon of gods and celebrations
- Missionary action paradigm for all endeavours of the church
- Catholicism, Anabaptism and Crisis of Christianity
- Is Christianity a Greedy Religion?
- Only six of ten commandments of God still important to British Christians
- 2016 Thanksgiving and politics
- What do we need?
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 6 Getting understanding by Word of God 4
- Without God no purpose, no goal, no hope
- God’s wisdom for the believer brings peace
- Bible sayings about God
- The Divine name of the Creator
- Hashem השם, Hebrew for “the Name”
- Yehowah in the Leningrad Codex
- Use of /Gebruik van Jehovah or/of Yahweh in Bible Translations/Bijbel vertalingen
- Lord in place of the divine name
- Adar 6, Matan Torah remembering the giving of Torah
- God’s name on Seder Night
- The NIV and the Name of God
- Archeological Findings the name of God YHWH
- I am that I am Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh אהיה אשר אהיה
- I Will Cause Your Name To Be Remembered
- Lord or Yahuwah, Yeshua or Yahushua
- Jehovah Yahweh Gods Name
- Jehovah in the BASF
- Matthew 6:1-34 – The Nazarene’s Commentary on Leviticus 19:18 Continued 2 Prayer and neighbour love
- Praying and acts of meditation without ceasing
- Praise Jehovah, You people
- Ana Adonai Hoshia’na
- For Jehovah is greatly to be praised
- Praise the God with His Name
- Praise the most High Jehovah God above all
- Americans their stars, pretension, God, Allah and end of times signs #1 Abrahamic religions
- Beautiful feet of those who announce the good news
- Why ‘Catholic’ Religious Should Sit Down and Shut Up
- The comfort paradox
- On Earth as it is in Heaven!
- That is What Omnipotent Means…
- Glory to God for His Mercy and Truth #1747
- a prayer of humility to the sovereign God
- Every Knee and Every Tongue
- The Conclusion of the Matter
- O God Enthroned in Sovereignty
- Mystery & Clarity (Romans 11:25-36)