The Christadelphians or “Brethren in Christ” are a small religious body who believe that the Bible contains God’s message to mankind. We meet in homes and halls and operate as a lay community as was the custom in the time of the Apostles.
Though united in faith and practice, each congregation is autonomous and all members share responsibility in its functions.
Are we another Church?
We stand apart from the established churches of Christendom, believing that they have departed from the foundation doctrines of the Scriptures.
The Bible is the only authority and it is necessary to read and understand it to come to know God and walk in His ways (2 Timothy 3:16).
There is one GOD, the all-powerful Creator Who created the universe and the earth for men and women to enjoy. The ideal conditions were soon subverted by sin and humanity still continues to assert their will against the purpose that God had intended. All social ills spring from the failure to heed the Creator’s instructions. The story of the Bible involves the painful process of God endeavouring to bring mankind back from the consequences of sin and depravity so that the earth might be restored in harmony and splendour once more.
Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was born of his mother Mary through the direct intervention of God and by a life of devotion, obedience and suffering, he plainly revealed the way of life for us to follow (Hebrews 2:14-18; 5:6-9). His sacrificial death was the ultimate in obedience to his Father’s will and the means of reconciliation for fallen humanity. God raised him from the dead, granting him all authority in heaven and earth. He now mediates for us in our endeavours to serve God.
The mission of Jesus Christ was to execute God’s Plan Of Redemption. God’s disappointment in human waywardness led Him to choose a man (Abraham) and a nation (Israel) through whom to work to bring about His purpose of redemption. He promised Abraham (the father of Israel) a land and a nation, that “all families of the earth would be blessed in his son” – the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the centre and focus of all God’s promises (Genesis 12:1-3; 22:16-18). This promise is the kernel of the Gospel, the glad news of the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:8, 16; Luke 13:28-30).
Jesus Christ will come again,
“This same Jesus will come … as ye have seen him go” (Acts 1:11)
He will come in power to assert his claim over his inheritance, the earth. He will set up his government in Jerusalem, as the rightful heir to the throne of Israel (Luke 1:32-33) and command the allegiance of the nations (Zechariah 14:3, 9, 16). All human governments will be disbanded (Daniel 2:44; Revelation 1:15) and Christ and his followers will administer the earth’s affairs – one religion, one government, one divine law (Micah 4:1-4).
The existence of Israel today as a nation, after two thousand years of dispersion, is the guarantee that we are living on the epoch of Christ’s return (Ezekiel 37:21-28).
You can gain Hope for the future!
Neither priest nor Church can assure your salvation. Faith is only developed by hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17) and is confessed in the act of baptism (Mark 16:16). We then walk in a new way of life, awaiting the coming of the Lord.
Next: Video Introducing the Christadelphian Community
- First century patterns
- Not all christians are followers of a Greco-Roman culture
- Looking for something or for the Truth and what it might be and self-awareness
- Many forgot how Christ should be our anchor and our focus
- It’s Time real lovers of God to Stand and Speak Out!
- Looking from different perspectives
- Priority to form a loving brotherhood
- Focussing on oneness with Jesus like Jesus is one with God
- Jehovah’s Witnesses not only group that preach the good news
- Christadelphian, Christadelphia and Christadelphos
- Who are the Christadelphians
- What are Brothers in Christ
- What Christadelphians believe
- Do Christadelphians belong to Protestantism
- Christadelphians or Messianic Christians or Messianic Jews
- God bringing to Christadelphian community
- Christadelphian people
- My faith
- Small churches of the few Christadelphians
- C4U = Christ for you + Christadelphians for you
- Genuine Christians content with going through motions of ritualistic religion
- Wanting to know more about basic teachings of Christadelphianism
- About the Christadelphians
- Christadelphians worldwide accept
- Looking for Christadelphians in your neighbourhood
- Not many coming out with their community name
- 19° Century London Christadelphians