In the previous chapters we have seen that for thousand years God choose pepole to guide those who were willing to listen to the men of God. In many regions and cultures seeds were sawn making it possible that the Word of God went from one place to an other.
Depending on the group of people certain books were more popular or considered more special to be read as a guidance for their life. In Judaic tradition the main scrolls grouped as the Torah or Law, being the most important books for mankind, giving the directions from the Elohim Hashem God. Next to those books they had the Books of the prophets and an assembly of Writings the Ketuvim. When the time went on more books and letters were thought to be an important read to build up the Faith. Having different groups it was no surprise that there became different collections of Books or bibles with different books differently ordered.
When we speak of The Bible, we talk about the full collection of books that the Jewish and Christian communities around the world have historically accepted as uniquely authoritative.
For the Christians The Bible is a composition of the Jewish Bible or Tanakh (the Hebrew and Aramaic writings consisting of the Torah, Nevi’im and Ketuvim) or the Old Testament with the additional of the books of the second covenant or the New Testament (consisting of the Gospels, Pauline letters, general epistles or letters of the apostles and the Book of the revelation of the apostle John). But not all the Christian groups agree about the same Old Testament books and do not have them in the same order. This has come because the Jewish as well as Christian groups originated at other times and the Judaic groups being very diverse with Hellenists, Essenes, Sadducees, Hebraists and Pharisees, Rabbinic Judaism, plus later many other divisions. Most of the differences that remain today were inherited before the Tanakh became the single official version of the Jewish Bible.
Next: One Bible, many Churches
- Bible, best Book of books to get to know the truth
- Life and an assembly of books
- Ion of books or the Holy Scriptures or Book of books
- The Bible a book of books
- An uncovering book to explore
- Backbone book
- Are there certain books essential to come to faith
- Why think that (5) … the Bible is the word of God
- A Book to trust #1 Background book for debate
- A Book to trust #9 Consistency
- A Book to trust #13 Books for education and adjustment
- A Book to trust #23 Comparing Ancient Biblical Manuscripts
- Miracles of revelation and of providence 2 Providence
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 7 Getting understanding by Word of God 5
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 12 Words assembled for wisdom and instruction
- Not about personal salvation but about a bigger Plan
- Recommended articles about the Book of books the Bible
- The Genre of the Gospels