“the day when the Son of man is revealed”
“As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man … ” (Luke 1 7:26-30).
“at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with the angels of his power in flaming fire, rendering vengeance to them that know not God, and to them that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus …” (2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 — the whole passage should be read).
This is such a forthright description of judgement that it shocks most modern thinkers. But Paul is using the language of the Law and the Prophets: the “vengeance” is that righteous retribution already discussed; those who “know not God” are not so much the ignorant as those who do not “acknowledge Him”; and to “obey not” the gospel is really actively to reject and disobey. Whatever we may feel, there is no doubt about Paul’s message.
But the New Testament also declares that when Christ returns there will be an individual judgement for those who have known the gospel. A distinction will be made between “the righteous“, those who have sought to be faithful, and “the wicked“. the unfaithful. As Paul declares:
“We shall all stand before the judgement seat of Christ … So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God” (Romans 14:10-12).
Judgement, then, is part of the revelation of the purpose of God, His determination not to tolerate lasting sin, sometimes called in the Scriptures,
“the wrath of God”.
Next: To be prepared for the Day of Judgment
- The fear of the Lord
- Al-Fatiha [The Opening] Süra 1: 4-7 Merciful Lord of the Creation to show us the right path
- Creation of the earth and man #2 Evil Angels and moments of creation
- Go Ye!
- The Importance of the Prophetic
- Focussing on the man Jesus and the relationship with God
- How are the dead?
- The Tree of Sorrows
- Ahadith on Increasing the Weight of Good Deeds
- The Sun will be brought near on the Day of Qiyaamah – Shaykh Uthaymeen
- Daily bible passage – 3/25/18
- Summoned to Court by the Most High God
- From the WatchtowerDo you not know and have you not heard, The Lord’s arm is with Him, To raise up and to lower, For a little while He will raise what is not holy, For His good purpose.
- From The Watchtower 16th February 2018: For days are coming, When darkness will cover the earth, And it will seem that evil will prosper.