For Christadelphians or Brothers in Christ it is important to walk in the ways Jesus Christ showed us to walk, after God. In the Bible the word “Walk” is also used to denote our conduct in this life or our walk in life. Too many who call themselves Christian do seem to forget that. They seem to get a pleasure in calling others names and to break down other religious groups. When we look at their writings we clearly can see they do not seem to have or to know the Agapè love which is a love of the mind, loving regardless of feelings of negativity by others.
When bearing the name Christadelphian one should belong to a brotherhood of Christ loving people. As Brethren in Christ one has to bear that attitude in blood and soul and carry that agape love that was demonstrated by Jesus Christ for all the ungodly! One can even go so far to say that agape love is carrying the love of God for all those who do not deserve the love of God, through Jesus Christ!
Daily we encounter in our mail box and on the net people who act aggressively to us. We may find lots of people, like Vake Biblia, Cross Roman and Mr. Dave Norris who continually writes articles about the Belgian Christadelphians and the Belgian Bible Students, which are all wrong sayings, not to say just lies. This can sometimes make it difficult to keep calm. We and the Belgian Biblestudents in a sensible way tired to have Mr. Norris come to see that he has it wrong and writes about totally different groups than ours. Though he keeps writing about us as if we are the Jehovah’s Witnesses or a “Watchtower Belgian Bible student movement” and the American International Biblestudents. He also refuses to give the right of reply and does not show the replies several Bible students and some Biblestudents organisations gave.
The first three,
- I am the Lord your God… you shall have no other gods besides me.
- You shall not make an idol, or bow down to other gods or worship them.
- You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God.
set God as the ultimate authority.
The last few months we were harassed by several people who claim they are Christian but who showed a language which is not worthy of an educated person, be it an agnostic, atheist or a believer in God.
Some of them who attacked us, like Mr. Norris, bear false witness and by doing so undermine Christianity, because they themselves give a very bad example and try to bring disunity and anger by others. They tear down the fabric of trust essential to a strong community. One can wonder why they take such aversion against some faith-groups.
Mr. Norris clearly having something very serious against (Roman) Catholics, Pentecostals, New Apostolic Reformation, Mormons, Hebrew Roots Movement, Unitarians or Non-Trinitarians like Jehovah’s Witnesses but especially Christadelphians and Bible Students. We can even wonder if he became so much frustrated in life and does see something in the Belgian Christadelphians and Belgian Bible students which triggers his anger him longing for something they have or envying something that belongs to us. Perhaps he is annoyed with an us-and-him dynamic, or resentment, or unhealthy competition, which works against a goal of harmony.
With the knowledge that it is more important to go and be reconciled, to resolve differences with those who have something against us, we did everything we and the Belgian Biblestudents could, to bring Mr. Norris to his senses.
We remember the first audience of Matthew’s gospel which had been cast out of Jerusalem. The Hebrew temple had been destroyed. They were trying to establish a new way forward, and staying together as a community was essential. If significant divisions arose, they might be difficult to overcome.
We are fully aware that we are part of this world in a sense, by living in it. Being partakers of this life on earth we are also victims of this world its frictions. These moments of friction, in families and in communities, are inherent to our human existence. We even see evidence in Paul’s letter to the Corinthians. Some of these early Christians had aligned with Paul, who established the community but wasn’t physically present. Others were devoted to Apollos, a current leader among them. News of this division made it back to Paul, who wrote:
For as long as there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not… behaving according to human inclinations? For when one says, “I belong to Paul,” and another, “I belong to Apollos,” are you not merely human? What then is Apollos? What is Paul? … I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.
Mature faith allows us to overcome the human inclination for division. It also keeps us looking to God for our growth. When we keep God at the centre, our actions are ones that build up community – not by following the letter of the law, but the spirit of God’s love.
It is a shame we have to see such writings, giving false information about our and our brethren their community. We only can try to show people who came over here out of curiosity, that many of those articles are bearing no right information at all. It is our duty to inform visitors on the internet about those who are against our community and distribute false messages. We ourselves are not going to spend many words on those people who have aversion or an intense dislike or repugnance against us. We want to make sure that those who encounter such messages spreading false rumours about us, know that they are welcome here to look at what we believe, what we preach and how we want to treat others, even when they are against us.
This community we are called to build-up isn’t limited to those inside our walls. It’s not only for those who believe, look, and act like we do. The community that Jesus calls us to is one that includes all people. Also the ones who hate us. Also for them who sent us all such awful words and wish to see us burn in hell for ever.
As Brethren in Christ we will proclaim by word and example the Good News of God in Christ. We will seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving our neighbour as ourselves. And we will strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being.
As a community we want to be in union with Christ but also be united with all that are open for the God of Israel. For us it may not be easy to regularly come across such people who lie about us and love to do damage to our community. Then it may require a lot of patience and self control not to fall in the trap they so much like we would fall in. Let us hope that readers from their websites shall be smart enough to go and look for themselves who we really are and what we really think. Let us hope also that the newly formed site to unmask those people can shed some light on them but also on groups like ours, and most of all make them to see why we need to follow God and His Word given to us in the Bible as the infallible Word of God. Therefore the site “Unmasking the anti-Jehovah people” shall first bring a series on those Holy Scriptures with “A book to trust” (up to January 2019), followed by a series “Where the Divine lies hidden” (January 2019), to bring in February 2019 “How do you keep an eye out for heretical teachings?”, followed by a series “Possible arguments and proofs about the existence of God” (February 2019) and a series with the title “Trinitarians making their proof for existence of God look ridiculous” (from February to May 2019) where-after the Belgian Bible Students shall discuss “Non-religious opposing religious people” (May 2019). We invite you all to have a visit at that new site in defence of all that love the Only One true God.
Each time we make our words and actions ones that lead with love, kindness, and reconciliation, we live into our shared purpose of bringing the kingdom of heaven near.
Let’s go out and do that today – with God’s help.
Continue to read: Sayings about Christadelphians and Belgian Biblestudents debounced
To subscribe to Unmasking the anti-Jehovah people click at the site to show your connection or togetherness
Find also to read
- Called Christian
- What are Brothers in Christ
- Who are Christadelphians
- Christadelphians children of God
- Christadelphian people
- Christadelphian faith
- Small churches of the few Christadelphians
- The untiring response of some Christadelphians
- Trigger to start this Unmasking the anti-Jehovah site
- Against the anti Jehovah people
- Aim of the unmasking the Anti-Jehovah people
- Confrontation by people telling lies to force others to avoid the targetted groups
- The written, the spoken, and the audible a part of the soul and a blessing to humanity but also the trigger to those who love Crusades and the Inquisition
- Need to reject an archaic, racist inspired interpretation of the Bible and animosity against other believers
- Seeds from the world creating division and separation from God
- Leaders in disguise
- Christianity like Judaism God’s call to human responsibility
- Dave Norris and his writings on the Belgian Bible Students
- A New Reformation
- This fighting world, Zionism and Israel #6
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 11 Believing and obeying the gospel of the Kingdom of God
- Seeds, weeds and kingdoms
- Matthew 13:18-23 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: Parable of the Seed and Soil
- Entrance of a king to question our position #1 Coming in the Name of the Lord
- Looking for True Spirituality 3 Mind of Christ
- Mishmash of a legal code but importance of mitzvah or commandments
- Observing the commandments and becoming doers of the Word
- A Royal Rule given to followers of Christ
- What Jesus did: First things first
- Life and attitude of a Christian
- Unconditional love
- Unarmed truth and unconditional love
- Love will cure more sins than condemnation
- Spread love everywhere you go
- A Christian has to have eyes and ears and a tongue to use in good ways
- Diligence – Life – Light – Love
- Disciple of Christ counting lives and friends dear to them
- If you want to go far in life
- Attitude to others important for reaching them
- Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness
- A Living Faith #4 Effort
- If we love one another, God lives in us
- It’s Time real lovers of God to Stand and Speak Out!
- Ambassadors showing hope and a world of peace
- That brotherly love may continue and have people join hands
- Preaching as Public Speaking
- How Do We Know?
- Growing Pains – When You Don’t Know How You’ll Make It Through
- Spiritual Heights
- Servanthood to Each Other – Part IV
- The Inner Chamber of my Heart.
- Love works against us to work for us – 805
- Knowing God #WordSnippet The chief factor stopping you from knowing God and having the depth of relationship with Him that you may desire is……yourself!
- Agape Love
- “He That Dwelleth in Love Dwelleth in God”
- Love: Our Gift to the World (October 1, 2017) Philippians 2:1-13 If then there is any encouragement in Christ, any consolation from love, any sharing in the Spirit, any compassion and sympathy,
- The Mind of Christ / Phil. 2:5-11 Sermon Audio – Hillcrest Baptist Church – Oct 8, 2017 Philippians 2:5-11
- The Mind of Christ Welcome Our guest writer this week Gideon Kyabakama,a husband to one wife,father as well as missions co-ordinator in the DYF.
- Abide In Me – Part 3 Be Like Christ The apostle Paul outlined the integrity and strength believers should live by—the character of Christ:
- Love Makes Known the Plan of God Chapter Six The Royal Destiny of God’s Elect We know that God is love, and God is light. Therefore, Love is Light.
- Five Minute Friday: Loved
- Life Isn’t Fair
- Reaffirming Surrender
- Standing in the Breach
- Islam and Christianity, the Basics – Daniel 11
- Counting Every Blessing
- Religious Freedom
- “I Want to Be Like Jesus!”
- AI & the Hive Mind vs. the Holy Spirit and the Mind of Christ | HTW Dallas 2018
- Mind of Christ
- Friends Pull Together
- Why Knowing Your Identity Is Way More Important Than You May Realize Kris Vallotton I’m sure you’ve heard that you’re a child of God, but do you truly believe that in your very core?
- Daily devotional Monday, February 12, 2018 The Mind of Christ 1 Corinthians 2:16 informs us that we cannot ‘know the mind of the Lord …” But we have the mind of Christ.
- Christ Formed in You–Making Our Calling and Election Sure
- Mind of Christ The best reason for a revival of philosophy is that unless a man has a philosophy certain horrible things will happen to him. He will be practical; he will be progressive; he will cultivate efficiency;
- The “Mind of God and the “Mind of Christ” I recently was challenged to understand the relationship between two key verses in Scripture that speak of “the mind of God” and the “mind of Christ,” the Son of God.
- Be Not Like The World But Like Christ. Are we to base our behavior on measuring the behavior of others? Are we to base our value off of what they think of us? And are we to strive to be like those we see as almost “perfect?
- Moving The Fulcrum of Our MindsThe Spirit Of Jesus Though he has been dead now almost 49 years, through my life I have always had a favorite place in my heart for Bishop James Pike of the Episcopal Church.
- Wisdom From Above “But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
- You’re a Coin When I look at our Christian world, there seems to be one type of personality that fits in the ‘box’– the happy, joyful, kind, generous, positive person who always shows up on time, volunteers for everything and wears appropriate clothing. Now, I’m not criticising this type of person because I think they’re flipping amazing – it just doesn’t always come naturally to me. I’ve been comparing myself to these people all my life and now I’ve stopped because I believe God has deliberately created us differently, not Christian clones but individuals.
- The Way We WalkAmerica! Battle Tough, but are we Heaven Ready? We are America! We are Battle Tough! But the true and honest question that crosses my mind is, “Are we Heaven Ready?”
- Real Christians love their enemies “But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you,
- Rules for Living Life – Rule 2 This Rule may be the hardest rule to write about because writing a blog directly conflicts with the second of my Rules for Living Life (Lessons of Jesus).
- Honoring the Great “Remembering the Fallen”Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends; (John 15:13 NASB)
- We Do Not Save, Only Plant
- You Shall Know Them By Their Fruits…But What is Fruit?
- Be A Fruitful Tree In Harsh Weather
- What Seeds Are You Planting? (365 Days of Daring Faith — DAY 293)
- Women in Ministry in the Brethren in Christ Church We believe that the Church truly does constitute God’s new community inaugurated by Christ, where both women and men are gifted and empowered for ministry, so that, together, we may fulfill the calling upon each of our lives.
- Mennonites and the Charismatic Movement (Part 1) Over at Anabaptist Historians, I have a new post about my current research related to Mennonites, Brethren in Christ, and other North American Anabaptists’ engagement with the mid-twentieth century
- Mennonites and Charismatic Renewal (Part 2) After an all-too-long gap, I’m finally sharing a bit more about my ongoing research into the ways in which North American Anabaptist (such as Mennonites and Brethren in Christ
- An Example of Thinking Like a Serpent: Christadelphians
- More Christadelphian Foolishness About the King James Bible
- Without me you can do nothing 
- Losing my Religion – Part 3
- Island Life