There is a new e-book available via the website of the magazine The Christadelphian.
John Thomas – Physician and Preacher (Robert Wilkinson) consists of a collection of essays covering the background to the medical and scientific environment in which Brother Thomas first discovered the Truth. These academic studies provide information that was influencing the thinking of scientists and the medical profession at the time, some of which had a formative effect on Brother Thomas. They are specialist in nature and are not about the discovery of the Truth.
Following an introduction, the seven essays are as follows:
- John Thomas, the life sciences and the soul
- John Thomas and American medicine: cholera, anatomy and eclecticism
- John Thomas, odology, non-normal science and table-rapping
- John Thomas and phrenology
- John Thomas, palaeontology and the angels
- John Thomas and David King: Campbellite confrontations in London and Birmingham (1848 and 1869)
- John Thomas and The Coming Struggle: a short bibliographical introduction and a suggestion concerning the origin of Anatolia
A book review will appear in September’s issue of The Christadelphian. Price £8.00.