Much continues to happen in the political world around us, which we find fascinating. France now has a new untested and inexperienced president, who is highly popular and very eager to strengthen the European Union. Britain however has a weakened government that will struggle with the challenges of negotiating Brexit, and has to rely on a small but vocal Protestant party from Northern Ireland to shore up its Parliamentary position. At the same time the first of two new aircraft carriers has moved into open waters for sea trials.
Outside of politics the catastrophic fire that destroyed Grenfell Tower in London with the loss of at least eighty people demonstrates untold suffering and highlights our desperate need for the return of the Saviour.
In 2011 Newsweek already asked its readers how ignorant they could be and not see that we could be coming to a serious problem or a prophesied time.
In the monthly magazine The Christadelphian Christadelphians show you how we can look at all the above mentioned matters (discussed in the July number) and have to place the events of the day in the light of the coming closer to the prophesied end-times.
In the magazine this month:
- Editorial He gave himself (1)
- Letters to the Editor
- Sunday Morning “Behold the handmaid of the Lord” | Jonathan Cope
- Deuteronomy 21 – patterns of salvation | Peter Forbes
- Cain and Abel | Zacchaeus Muntete
- Providence (1) The Almighty | Stephen Hill
- An A-Z of discipleship ‘Z’ for Zeal | Amy Parkin
- Faith Alive! Get real! | Rachel Yuile
- Preaching displays | Jonie Barrett
- Changes in Bolivia | Brydyn Melles
- Exeter’s Good News Café | Steve Bilton
- Book ReviewLosing the way | Geoff Henstock
- Signs of the times The Franco-German axis | Roger Long
- Israel and their Land Remembering Herzl | Roger Long
- Epilogue “So we can confidently say” | David Caudery
- The brotherhood near and far
Our brotherhood provides regularly interesting reading material to help people to have a better insight in what is going on, placing it in the light of God’s Plan and comparing it to past and prophesied events in the Bible.
The different magazines are also not afraid to show how so many people are carried away by the world instead of following the advice of God. We are also not afraid to repeat the call
May the Lord Jesus come soon so that all these problems begin to come to an end. “For the government shall be upon his shoulders …”
- Grenfell Tower: Political Fallout
- Explaining the direct line from ‘contracting out’ to the Grenfell Tower disaster
- Grenfell is no accident
- How the media is reporting the Grenfell Tower death toll
- ‘Indescribable’ damage inside Grenfell Tower revealed
- Is the Grenfell Tower disaster ‘corporate manslaughter’?
- Too poor to live in safety. Gentrification
- Grenfell Tower: the deadly consequences of under-funding of council housing
- Grenfell Tower Crime
- Social class & Grenfell Tower. Is time to stop ignoring the working-classes?
- Council leaders: the importance of being more than earnest
- Tower Block Lessons
- Shortcuts Can Be Fatal
- Grenfell and the future: population growth and housebuilding
- Grenfell Tower Inquiry seeks views on its work