Jesus also warned his followers it would not be easy. We as followers of the Nazarene rabbi should know that our life will not be as everything in the garden would be lovely. It’s not all roses there. Christ told us not to be of the world but to stand strong in that world which shall do everything to bring us on other ideas and to take us away from the right path.
Matthew 7:13-14 The Scriptures 1998+ (13) “Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it. (14) “Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed1 which leads to life, and there are few who find it. Footnote: 1Or the way is afflicted.
When living in isolation we stand on our own to undergo the affliction. Being on our own we do not have an opportunity to have interaction with other people of the same Faith. There is no regular feed in from fellow brethren though every day there is the interaction with those who do not believe or who believe differently.
Being isolated from the brotherhood it does not mean the person has to be isolated of his surroundings. When not isolated from others there is the continual interaction with the civic society, we influencing them and them influencing us. A believer who knows and confesses the Truth will have an effect upon those around him and may bring others to think about what they believe, even bringing them to a point they can come to see our believes are the biblical believes he or she also should come to have.
But then that person who wants to convert shall also come to see how isolated that other person is and will start thinking of this would be the way he or she also want to go. And that is for many a very difficult decision to take. They forget that when they would convert that person would be less isolated and that they can make a beginning of a small seed that can grow tall.
The brother or sister in isolation may take an effort to get others on the same path as him, like we are trying all the time, but the others facing that isolated person easily are lured in the more sociable way of the majority, liking so much all those human traditions and enjoying themselves with the many pagan celebrations.
Those living far away from the people in isolation should be aware that those not able to have regular group gatherings may not been able to arouse the consciences of some, bring knowledge and understanding and insight to others, and even bring about certain changes in the policies and confessional position of a group, but at the same time that person, living in isolation, being an easy target for other ideas and being able to be influenced by his spiritual environment. Error, in whatever form it appears – heretical or respectable – always acts as a leaven. It never first seeks to conquer, but always first seeks to be tolerated. A person living in isolation always could be able to put some water in his wine to have more people around him.
Therefore the person or persons living in isolation should know and feel they are not on their own. They should be able to feel they are really part of a Christian community that is alive and kicking well. They also should have access to enough material to feed them in their religious adventure. This can be by printed magazines or letters as well as by the modern media, having access to Christadelphian magazines and websites which can offer enough material to think about.
- No other god besides Jehovah who gives all explanation
- Jehovah steep rock and fortress, source of insight
- God’s wrath and sanctification
- How long to wait before bringing religiousness and spirituality in practice
- Religious people and painful absence of spring of living water
- Christianity without the Trinity
- Not all christians are followers of a Greco-Roman culture
- Followers with deepening
- Gathering or meeting of believers
- Luther on Being a Theologian: Oratio, Meditatio and Tentatio
- How do I know if I’m called to ministry?
- A great man does not lose his self-possession when he is afflicted
- If there is bitterness in the heart
- The blessing of a broken leg
- What the World Needs
- From Self – esteem to God – esteem: All God’s People
- January 12th- Is this the time? The place? Is the Lord calling?The Calling
- God Calling
- Is God Calling You?
- God’s Calling: Should We Answer, Or Hit Ignore?
- What is God’s calling for my life?
- January 4th-What a calling; to be used by God in completion of His work!
- Discovering God’s Purpose for All
- God’s Everlasting Arms
- Swimming With God
- January 30th-As we have heard in many teachings, God equips who He calls.
- Sowing Grace
- Don’t Question Your Call
- Servants of the Lord
- Fulfilling God’s Will in the Face of Defeat
- When God’s Calling IS Your Dream
- My Calling to Missions
- November 26th-A lofty goal would be to have others glorifying God because of our actions.
- Unfinished Projects
- Obedience is the Only Way
- My Burning Bush Moments
- Jehovah Rapha
- being about the Father’s business in the politics of Jesus
- Waiting for something, but what?
- Am I Good Enough?
- Do It!