From the opening part of my reading for the Newbury ecclesia I looked at the word isolation and the detachment or feeling that we may not being personally involved in the religious group or society not because we would not have emotional interest in it or have indifference to other people of that movement or to one’s surroundings. Our being in isolation does not mean we are willing such an act of disengaging or such condition of being disengaged or separated.
Normally in a Christian community nobody should show indifference, disregard or aloofness to or remoteness from the concerns of others. in a Christian community should not be a place for loneliness, solitude or seclusion. Normally a christian groups should not be composed of lone wolfs.
When the aim to be separate or to being on his own becomes a priority than that person his going wrong and ignoring the message of rabbi Jeshua. The master teacher asked his followers to come together and to study the Word of his heavenly Father in a community where there would be regular meetings of peaceful time and full of brotherly love for each other, meaning sharing Good Tidings but also caring for each other and helping each other to grow. It was not a matter of pleasing themselves but of pleasing others like Jesus also not pleased himself (Romans15:3)
Brother George Booker writes in A New Creation, A Manual for New Christadelphians, Young Christadelphians, and Prospective Christadelphians Chapter 46
A person possessing the true love of God has a peace of mind that no other has. In the midst of strife and controversy, he maintains a calm and reasoning mind, and a disposition to peacemaking. He has that same inner serenity that sustained Christ through his great trials.
A person in such a frame of mind cannot be offended by others. He is not provoked to backbiting or vengeance. He relies upon the grace of God, he knows that there is a final judgment that will right all wrongs, and he is not concerned about what man may do to him in the meanwhile. If God is for him, who can be against him?
Such a person is willing to give himself for others and to be ready for others. As such he does not isolate himself from the rest of the world but with the knowledge of having to live in the world, not having to be part of the world, he can stand on his own gaining others for Christ by approaching others in his surroundings.
As a Christian we should try to get in contact with non- and other believers and trying to show them the Way to God. Though we must be aware that not many are really interested in That God. Coming closer to other believers may not weaken us, but can give us a feeling to be more alone or giving a feeling of annoying loneliness. That solitude, the barefaced scarcity of lovers of God may put us in embarrassing isolation. It can prejudice a believer and it is to the other co-believers to make sure that there would be not losing out on the true faith.
Being on his own in a hostile environment will bring even a strong believer in danger. Even when not being at enmity a person of faith being isolated shall undergo difficulties.
American Founding Father who was the principal author of the Declaration of Independence and later served as the third President of the United States from 1801 to 1809, Thomas Jefferson felt also the bad influence of being isolated. He wrote to his daughter Polly
“I am convinced our own happiness requires that we should continue to mix with the world, and to keep pace with it. … I can speak from experience on the subject. From 1793 to 1797, I remained closely at home, saw none but those who came there, and at length became very sensible of the ill effect it had upon my own mind, and of its direct and irresistible tendency to render me unfit for society, and uneasy when necessarily engaged in it. I felt enough of the effect of withdrawing from the world then to see that it lead to an anti-social and misanthropic state of mind, which severely punishes him who gives in to it; and it will be a lesson I never shall forget as to myself.”
Politicians do need others to reply and to stimulate them. Believers in God, like atheists or other believers also cannot without others. When the seclusion is for too long, they shall begin to collapse upon themselves. As their world becomes smaller, their issues grow bigger.
- Walking alone?
- When discouraged facing opposition
- The Ecclesia
- God should be your hope
- What loneliness is more lonely than distrust?
- Atonement And Fellowship 4/8
- Words to push and pull
- Helping websites to prepare for the last days
- Jesse Hemery and the The Goshen Fellowship
- Different approach in organisation of services #3
- Being in tune with God
- Go Ye!
- Helping each other with prayer to start the new academic year
- Beautiful feet of those who announce the good news
- Laboring in the Vineyard or Sitting on the Hillside with Jonah?
- Question #1: Are you ashamed of your religion?…
- The Hope Of Glory
- It’s All In How You Choose To Look At It
- Being Honest About Myself, My Faith and Identity.
- More Valuable Than Gold
- Fragility of life
- Genesis 14 – Be Prepared
- Solitude Revisited
- Into His Marvelous Light
- The Wee Hours
- Michelle W: There is Power in Solitude
- Befriending Silence
- Empty Lament
- You Shall be My Witnesses
- October 7 – And They Were Following Him
- What if we loved Christ?
- Turning Condemnation into Compassion
- Why Not Shepherds?
- Don’t forget to spread the word…
- December 14 – Get Out There
- Confessions of a Sinful Evangelist
- Are You Ashamed To Talk About Jesus?
- One Great Task: Go Tell Somebody All You Know About Jesus
- Share your story
- A Holy Conversation
- Selfishness: live for Christ
- Confronting the fear of rejection in evangelism
- The Marketing of Jesus
- 3 Ways to Not Be a Jerk When Sharing the Gospel on Social Media
- Confronting Christophobia
- What in the world is Christian “outreach”?
- October 16 – Taking Up Your Cross
- My Mom Started Sharing the Gospel to People
- The Unexpected First Step to Reaching the Nations
- To Grow Wide, We Must Grow Deep
- Know Jesus and Help Others Know Him
- Pressing On
- The Sin of Silence
- July 6 – Scared Courage
- Beauty and the Soul
- Leaving His Mark in Our World