Already in the first Book of books man is confronted with his surroundings, the Word of God talking about astronomic elements. By some scientists the connection of the universe and the Divine Maker is something which not only belongs to a black hole, but to something which they not seem to find to recollect with those Holy Scriptures, though everything is so simply explained in those books. Perhaps because it is told so simply for many it may look just as folk tales and not true.
It were men of science who did not want to accept at first what was written in the bible, that the earth was not the central point of universe and that there are many more planets, stars and moons than man can count. In the Old Testament, Job 26:7 it is already explained that the earth is suspended in space, though many people did not want to believe that their flat plate would be unending (or round).
Throughout the centuries man has created many theories. As such we got the fission theory which states that the moon split off from the spinning earth, like mud flung from a bicycle wheel. Some say that the Pacific Ocean basin is the scar that remains from this loss of material. Others prefer the capture theory in which is told that gravity brought the moon into earth orbit when it once wandered too close to earth. According other scientists there is condensation, nebular contraction, or accretion, where we do have to find the concurrent formation of both the earth and moon from small chunks of material. As a result, the moon “just happens” to circle the earth, according to them.
But is it all just coincidence?
It was hoped by many experts that the different space program’s and the manned visits to the moon would provide definitive answers to the lunar-origin question. Instead, many new questions were raised, and the origin of the moon remains a mystery to secular science.
A themed weekend aimed at adults and young people interested in learning more about the heavens and what God has to say about them.
The weekend will commence with an exclusive visit to the Bayfordbury Observatory, University of Hertfordshire including a talk from a post-graduate astronomy student, a presentation in the planetarium and tour of their optical telescopes. Most of the other activities and meals will take place at the Ware ecclesial hall.
There will be several talks to include:
→ ‘The Heavens declare the Glory of God’ & ‘Why the earth is so well designed for life’ by bro Andy Webb (Glasgow Kelvin)
→ ‘The Stars of the Bible’ and ‘The Spiritual Significance of the Heavens’ by bro Paul Boyd (Ware)
Spaces are limited and booking is essential. Reservations can only be confirmed once payment has been received. The cost for the weekend is £40 (earners) and £20 (students/non-earners) including the Observatory entry fee. If finance is a problem please get in touch in confidence and they will work something out. Students/non-earners will be accommodated with brothers & sisters and the Wake ecclesia will provide others with a list of local B&B establishments so that they than can organise their own accommodation.
For further information/to make a booking please contact sister Faith Boyd via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01920 484363
- Are Science and the Bible Compatible?
- Science and the Bible—Do They Really Contradict Each Other?
- Bible containing scientific information
- Is it “Wrong” to Believe that the Earth is a Sphere?
- 2nd question: What or where is the beginning
- 3rd question: Does there exist a Divine Creator
- Jehovah God Maker of the entire universe served by a well-trained army
- Genesis – Story of creation 1 Genesis 1:1-25 Creation of things
- Hubble Peers into the Most Crowded Place in the Milky Way
- The Presence of God
- Reflect on how much idolizing happens
Further related articles
- The universe revolves around the earth
- The Galileo twist
- Why the laws of logic work
- AlchemyAstrology: 10-11 January, 2017
- An asteroid just flew by Earth two times closer than the moon — and we barely saw it coming
- From SDSS: “Origin of the Elements in the Solar System”
- From astrobites: “A Too-Hot Pulsar Speeding Through the Galaxy”
- 2017 ‘Sign in the heavens’ – Mark my words…this is huge.
- Has the mystery of the Earth’s core been solved? Scientists say unknown ‘third element’ is SILICON
- Close Call
- Scientists reveal why we sacrifice some of our best traits to survive
- From CfA: “Farthest Stars in Milky Way Might Be Ripped from Another Galaxy”
- From Ethan Siegel: “The James Webb Space Telescope Will Truly Do What Hubble Only Dreamed Of”
- From Ethan Siegel: “Galaxy clusters prove dark matter’s existence”
- From Nature: “Legendary radio telescope hangs in the balance”
- We have heard so much about the solar eclipse that will occur in Idaho next August. What can we expect? (Part 2)
- From AAS NOVA: “Neptune as a Mirror for the Sun”
- It’s a komítis!
- Astronomy for kids: A bilingual book in english and spanish for kids!
- Saturn’s Teasing Tilt
- Hubble Provides Interstellar Road Map for Voyagers’ Galactic Trek
- From JPL-Caltech: “Huygens: ‘Ground Truth’ From an Alien Moon”
- the moon may have been many moons
- From PI via Motherboard: “Dark Matter Hunters Are Hoping 2017 is Their Year”
- Why I’m glad NASA doesn’t routinely kick me in the balls
- Animation of black holes reveals the power of their gravitational pull
- NASA image shows vast ‘hole’ spreading across the solar surface
- Moon estimated to be 4.51 billion years old
- What is that bright object in the evening sky?
- New look at Voyager data indicates that Uranus may have two more moons
- A special Supermoon comes—but what causes it?
- Super Moon Calls Us to Shine On
- Why ID part 4
- Didja Know 12-6-2016
- Objective Truth part five
- Objective Truth part 6