Being it 2020 years ago that the master teacher Jeshua was born we should think about what place we are willing to give him in our heart. This academic year we do want to ask you to wonder about rabbi Jeshua his position.
Where do you want to place him and what sort of place do you want to give to that person who became better known as Jesus Christ.
Many more people should examine themselves if they want to make this man into their god, or if they want to accept it that this man really managed to do what God wanted him to do. We all should be aware that Jesus was really tempted. In the knowledge that God cannot be tempted but that every man, also Jesus, is able to be brought on the wrong path, we should admire that Nazarene teacher for his endurance and his courage to face the Pharisees and all those who questioned the existence of God and the promise of a Messiah.
We should put our trust in that promised Messiah, who was placed by God on this earth in a special way. In this miracle we got a man who put his own will aside to offer himself for all mankind. And God was willing to accept this ransom offer, so that over all people came the free Gift from God, the Gift of salvation.
It is that salvation in Christ we have to look for. But to be able to be partakers of that joy we should take on the right attitude. Only by becoming rooted in Christ Jesus, wanting to become like him, willing to become united with him like he is united with God, shall we be able to become a new person and receive new life.
What would be your answer to the question of brother A. Norris (Senior) who asks in Complete in Him (1938)
“When we think of Jesus let us strive to realise what he means to us; and ask ourselves, Are we rooted in him? Are we being built up in him? Are we increasing with the increase of God? Are we being filled full in him?”
Find also to read:
- In a few days time it will be 2020 years ago that the Messiah was born
- A birthday passed nearly unnoticed
- 2020 years since
- 2020 years ago, the road was opened
- Greatest single cause of atheism
- Determined To Stick With Truth.
- The manager and Word of God
- Who are the honest ones?
- What Jesus did: First things first
- Believe and speak and act in ways which show we have life in Christ’s name
- Faith antithesis of rationality
- Faith, storms and actions to be taken
- Facing our existence every day
- Are Christadelphians so Old Fashioned?