Not only do we have to look for Christ and find him, we should also humbly give ourselves in his hands and let us be cleansed by him. In him we should trust that he is the best person given authority by his heavenly Father, the Only One True God. In him we do have the best mediator between God and us. He is the one who knows how man feels and acts.
Unprejudiced he can look at our heart, knowing our weaknesses and strengths, munificent he whole-souled gave himself to liberate us from all chains and to wash our sins away.
Let us be thankful for what he has done and still does for us.
- Jesus has done it in several ways throughout his ministry > act of servanthood
- come to serve + give himself as a ransom for many > offer of his life for the sinful to bring you to God
- Embedded in washing of the disciples’ feet = a very important message of spiritual cleansing which is to be found in Jesus = testify his love to his disciples,+ give an instance of his own voluntary humility and condescension, + he might signify spiritual washing, + set an example
- Peter has confessed Jesus being the Christ, the Son of the Most High God. > perturbed that a person of such an esteem could do a slave’s job on people of otherwise no status in the community.
- Unless we are washed, we have no part with the Lord Jesus, unless we are made clean, we born unclean (Psalm 51:5) and grown up in uncleanliness will never have a part with Christ who is holy. We therefore must be washed by Christ in order for us to have a part with Him in His kingdom.
- To have a part with Christ =/= merely registering a church membership =/= merely agreeing with Christ’s teachings +> doing it + only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
- In Christ offered eternal life, through his spiritual cleansing of us.
- Having a part with Christ = union with him = allow His Lordship in us, for him to take charge of our lives as we surrender to Him.
- = obligation upon us to receive + observe instruction Jesus gives us.
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing pow’r? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Elisha Albright Hoffman
Just as he has done it in several ways throughout his ministry, now he has again done it, an act of servanthood by the washing of the disciples’ feet (John 13:1-17). He has come to serve and not to be served is his mission as stated by Mark; “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give himself as a ransom for many” (Mark 10:45). The greatest service of all, which he has done is the offer of his life for the sinful, “For Christ also suffered [died] once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God” (1…
View original post 1,201 more words