is not exactly totally right. Man still has his own free will and has still the same opportunity as Adam and Eve to choose which way to go. But it is true that because of our ancestors having done things wrong, having been part of diseases, our DNA carries also the impurities and makes us more incomplete, more susceptible for weakness in our way of living. By the wrong actions of our ancestors we became part of that sinful world and we are shapen iniquity and conceived in sin.
Psalm 51: 5 Behold, I was born in iniquity, and in sin hath my mother conceived me.
Ephesians 2: 3 Among whom we also had our conversation in time past in the lusts of our flesh, in fulfilling the will of the flesh, and of the mind, and were by nature the children of wrath, as well as others.
For man it has become difficult to keep obedience. Around us there is so much diversion and so many who want us to draw away from the Divine Creator that our weakness can easily bring us on the wrong path. Those who prefer to listen to the adversary of God (satan) are children of disobedience and will create further disobedience.
Ephesians 2: 2 Wherein, in times past ye walked, according to the course of this world, and after the prince that ruleth in the air, even the spirit, that now worketh in the children of disobedience,
In a way man has therefore become a slave to satan, because they are willingly rebellious against God. The apostle Paul talks about us, who are of the flesh in the first place and often willing to follow the world of man instead of God. The majority want to follow the ways of the world. We too live under the control of the present age, but already in the Garden of Eden, God provided an other way. We do not have to live in accordance with the spirit of this world, following the fashion of this world. The apostle looks at the lower prince of the universe, the evil that wants to reign. Indulging the cravings of this world and of our earthly nature, the apostle looks at the whole man, which he divides into two parts: into the flesh, which is the part that the Philosophers term without reason, and into the thought, which they call reasonable: so that he leaves nothing in man half dead, but concludes that the whole man is of nature the son of wrath, laying under the dreadful judgement of God.
Our corrupt nature has to face many problems and our own thoughts play with us so that we often carry out the desires prompted by that earthly nature and by our own thoughts. For that reason we do have to look up at that seed out of the woman God promised to mankind. All people then, are in need of his action taken under authority from God to bring redemption.
Death in our trespasses, no matter of our shortcomings, we may count on it that God out of His love is willing to come close to us and to help us. For of the intense love, God called us to share the life of the one sent by him, Jeshua the Messiah or saviour of the world.
Ephesians 2: 4 But God which is rich in mercy, through his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead by sins, hath quickened us together in Christ, by whose grace ye are saved,
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 That he might show in the ages to come the exceeding riches of his grace through his kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God,
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast himself.
10 For we are 1his workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath ordained, that we should walk in them.
By Adam and Eve their act of sin, condemnation and death came to reign and the way righteousness, justification, and life come to bear upon man. In 4BCE the young girl Mary/Miriam of the tribe of King David got with child in a special way. Out of Eve came the wrong thought that God would hold something back. Out of her act came death. Out of the carrying of the Nazarene woman came new life. She was was moulded so beautifully by the God Who had chosen her because of our integrity of heart. She was the clay, God was the Potter and He placed a treasure inside of her. Her son, God’s Gift, was the one many hearts had hoped for he would be there soon. Also our eyes should now being directed to that son of Mary, the sent one from God who is a son of man and the son of God.
Galatians 4: 4 But when the fullness of time was come, God sent forth his Son made of a woman, and made under the Law,
5 That he might redeem them which were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption of the sons.
This mother had to suffer a lot. Grace had come to uphold her and not to condemn and crush her. One moment she also was taken by a big shame, even bringing her in danger of stoning to death. But she fully trusted her God, the God of Abraham, and in Him her refuge from shame lies. She came to understand were her task was and how the life of her son served many purposes but his death served the biggest and most important purpose. Redemption – “It is finished” through the death of Christ and the awakening of his Spirit through his ascension.
Adam did not trust the Father in his time of testing, preferring his own will to God’s; whereas Jesus in the many times he was tested kept doing his heavenly Father‘s Will. Even at the most difficult moment in his life he worshipped God as the Only One Who was there for him and mankind. All the time it was not to do his own will or like he wanted it but to do like his heavenly Father, the Divine Creator, wanted.
Lukas 22: 41 And he was drawn aside from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
42 Saying, Father, If thou wilt, take away this cup from me: nevertheless, not my will, but thine be done.
Adam’s disobedience led him to the forbidden Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, while Christ’s prayer of obedience leads him to the wood of death, the stake — which Christians later would call the new Tree of Life.
A big problem is that we can not see God. Most people are also more afraid of man instead of fearing the Divine Creator God, Maker and Sustainer of everything. That Sovereign God has provided a solution for the terrible consequences of Adam and Eve their act of rebellion against God. He did not make an end to Adam and Eve straight away. He allowed them to provide for children who in their turn could choose if they would follow God His commandments or would follow their own lust and their own ideas. But in time God repeated His promise and told the world they had to look for that seed of woman, the saviour and Kristos or Christ the Messiah. Though people would have to come to believe in that Messiah. At a certain point this even would become part of the condition. 2020 years ago that son of God was born to be the son of man who brought deliverance. From then onwards people could see the sent one from God, hear him speaking about his heavenly Father, the Only One True God all should worship. For those who did not know God, Jesus showed the Way to God. After he died he made an end to the chain of the curse of death and opened the way to come to a restored relationship with God.
In this beginning series we tried to show you how everything started and how evil and death came into the world but also how the world received a solution which fitted the Plan of God. Did you come to see the bigger picture? This is how it is and has been ever since that time, but it has been changed through the salvation that comes through Jesus’ death on the wooden stake, so that a relationship with God is made possible again, and His presence and His power will be available in a measure at least. Yes, it will not be fully experienced until we leave this present life but Jesus’ ministry was clearly to counter the works of this fallen world. Our role is somehow to join in with what he is doing so that we too may counter the broken works of this fallen world. Ponder on that.
* Bible quotes from 1599 Geneva Patriot’s Edition
In the next series we shall look at how Jeshua, Jesus Christ was to fulfil the further promises made by God in ancient times.
- Creation of the earth and man #1 Planet for living beings in a pre-Adamic world
- Necessity of a revelation of creation 6 Getting understanding by Word of God 4
- No man see the Almighty God and live
- The fear of the Lord
- Mishmash of a legal code but importance of mitzvah or commandments
- A god who gave his people commandments and laws he knew they never could keep to it
- Incomplete without the mind of God
- Eternity depends upon this short time on earth
- Blaming their circumstances for what they are
- Not trying to make the heathen live like Jews #2
- We are ourselves responsible
- Faithful to the listening ear
- Obeying the King
- The inspiring divine spark
- I Only hope we find GOD again before it is too late !
- It is Today
- The Importance of the Prophetic
- A book of life and a man born more than two thousand years ago
- Gain Christ, trusting Jehovah
- Redemption #4 The Passover Lamb
- Redemption #8 Righteousness by Faith
- Being Justified by faith
- Is being a humanitarian enough to convey the full love of Christ?
- Foundation to go the distance
- Knowing where to go to
- 138) Cheap Grace
- Growth in character
- A Living Faith #3 Faith put into action
- God’s wrath and sanctification
- Is Justification a process?
- Justification – salvation is by grace through faith – JI Packer
- Faith Alone Does Not Save . . . No Matter How Many Times Protestants Say It Does
- Faith itself not the cause of justification – Louis Berkhof
- Letter to the Romans, chapter 3
- Letter to the Romans, chapter 4
- Romans 4 and the Sacraments
- Additional comments to the 3rd Letter to the Romans
- Comments to James remarks, about Faith and works
- The works we have to do according to James
- James 2:14-23 — Justified Dynamic Faith & works
- James 2:24 – You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
- James 2:25. Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
- Luther’s misunderstanding
- God let my compassionate affection be tolerant and kind
- Go Ye!
- In a few days time it will be 2020 years ago that the Messiah was born
- Can we not do what Jesus did?
- Preaching to an unbelieving world
- The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong
- How are the dead?
- God-breathed prophetic words written torah and the mitzvot to teach us
- No man see the Almighty God and live
- You do not belong to yourselves,for you were bought with a price
- Heed of the Saviour
- Servant for the truth of God
- God is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him
- Being sure of their deliverance
- Deliverance and establishment of a theocracy
- Remember the day
- Running the battle
Further related articles
- Existence of God
- The Devolution of Man
- Evolution: Phylogenetic Tree Interpretation Basics
- I Didn’t Choose Mystic Life, It Chose Me! (Also titled: Inheriting Mysticism from Christian Other-mothers)
- Considered “incomplete” due to the lack of a partner
- The Existence Of The Snake
- Devil’s Fruit
- Eve The Deceiver
- The Seed
- First blog post: Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field
- Sin, Transgression, and Iniquity
- Is Sin Alive In Our Bodies?
- What is Evil, Really?
- Evil People
- When God Allows Pain
- Heaven and Man Conjoined
- Sermon on the Mount XV: Bread, Trespassing and Deliverance from Evil
- Difference between sin, transgression, and inquity
- Iniquity, Trepasses, and Sin
- The difference between iniquity and sin
- Daily Failures and Sins
- The Iniquity of Us All
- Bread – Disease
- Bread – Iniquity
- Hope Amidst Iniquity
- Iniquitous Experiences
- The Whole World is a Mess
- The Scapegoat
- When the Wicked Sprouted Up Like Grass
- Generational Curses: Part 1 — Inheriting sin?
- Generational Curses: Part 3 — Did King David’s family have a generational curse?
- Generational Curses: Part 4 — Jesus breaks the curse
- Generational Curses: Part 5 — Exposing the secret sins
- The New Tablets
- Daily bible passage – 6/21/16
- Daily bible passage – 7/30/16
- Daily bible passage – 9/22/16
- Psalm 103
- The Easter of Our Lives 2/4
- Acts 19 Prayer: For Deliverance
- Acts 23 Prayer: Deliver Us From the Wicked
- Do Not Let Any Iniquity Have Dominion Over Me
- 1 Peter 2:1–3, Part 2 // A Remedy for Envy
- Verse of the day – Sowing Righteousness
- Leo the Great: “In vain do we deny our body food if we do not withhold our heart from iniquity, and restrain our lips that they speak no evil.”
- Intentional surrogate Christians (Job 15:35)
- Stumbling Block (1 of 2)
- Stumbling Block (2 of 2)
- Looking Within
- The Words Jesus Spoke to His Father Before Going Through Hell, Part 9 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 287)
- The Words Jesus Spoke to His Father Before Going Through Hell, Part 10 (Just Jesus Evangelistic Campaign, Day 288)
- Christ in Genesis: Confession and Promise
- Everlasting Kingdom
- Which is the right path?
- hi, my name is…
- Combat Training with God – 1 Corinthians 1:22-25
- Giving God our Trusting Hearts : Our Weaknesses are His Strengths
- Living just to live
- #Sunday Imploring Mercy
- The Free Gift
- Ephesians 2:8-9 ” For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.”
- To Carry God’s Grace
- All-Sufficient Grace
- “Go in the strength that you have.”
- One Global Community And The World Around It
- It’s Time to Pour Out!
- Thought for the day: choice of freedom (grace) or condemnation (law) rest in one’s thoughts and culture
- 4 question to ask yourself?
- The Way, The Truth and The Life. ❤️
- Living Blessed!
- Harmony and Symphony – God’s ways
- Grace Abounded
- How Many Times Forgive?
- “Good can still be victorious even against such odds – It will take many prayers, many rosaries and many sacrifices”
- But You’re Still Here: The Nature of Despair
- we are
- The men deceived by eve the deceiver
- Perceptions of Good vs Evil
- The problem of evil.
- “Evil Lies And Waits To Destroy What Is Good”
- Inherent immorality
- Is Evil a Creation of God?
- C. S. Lewis: “Hell is something like …”
- Pillars of Cloud and Fire
- Satan is for Real
- Being Mindful of Our Choosing
- A complex cocktail
- How Not to Walk, Part 6 (Revive the Family, Revive the Church, Awaken the Nation, O Lord #252)
- Devotion for Monday October 17, 2016
- God is Just
- As the Heavens are Higher than the Earth
- God’s Goodness and Greatness: Implications for Spiritual Warfare
- Sermon- Nate Harlan 9/18/2016- Ephesians 2:11-18: “Brought Near by the Blood of Christ”
- Counted Righteous to Count Ourselves Dead
- Redemptive Unrest
- Redemption ~ Bible Study Questions
- Discernment vs. Condemnation
- Unlimited Grace: The Heart Chemistry that Frees from Sin and Fuels the Christian Life by: Bryan Chapell
- Lift Up Jesus!
- My Exodus – Finding Rest for My Soul
- Quench Your Thirst
- The Only Way
- Thought for the day:Everything you will ever need can be found in and through the name of Jesus
- Divine Adoption
- Written for a Future Generation
- Will Animals Be Resurrected And With Us In Heaven And On The New Earth?
- Redemption – we all need it!
- Assurance & Justification
- Assurance, Justification & Sanctification
- Sunday Meditations: Justification
- Justified By Faith
- Justified through faith, reconciled to God
- Justification By Faith Alone
- Reforming Calvinism, pt. 18: Irresistible Grace (All of Christ, All of Us)
- The Evangelical Calvin: Vicarious Humanity Edition
- A Customary Calvinist Vitiation
- Book Review: Concerning Christian Liberty – By Martin Luther
- The Baptist Catechism: What benefits do they that are effectually called partake of in this life?
- Justification by faith alone – Abraham’s example
- Justification by Faith: Christ gave Himself for our sins to deliver us from sin in accordance to the Will of God
- Active awareness of the anatomy of the Gospel as key to spiritual formation in Christian education. Part 1 of 3: Justification
- Knowing Who Christ Is, What He Has Promised, And Expecting This Of Him – The Person & Work of Christ
- Christ Justifies and Sanctifies Us
- Justification and the imputation of Christ’s righteousness
- Common Sinners and the Common Salvation
- The blessings of righteousness, the fruit of justification
- Sermon – James vs Paul (James 2:14-26)
- What We Should Be Doing Anyway: St. Paul on Justification, Part 6—by Cameron Daly
- The Gospel Takes the Pressure Off
- Law & Grace
- Faith versus Works
- Everyday Justification
- You are Loved
- Union with Christ, Sin, and Obedience
- Union with Christ, The Westminster Larger Catechism, and the Ordo Salutis
- John Piper: What are the commands of Jesus?
- Book Review: Four Views of the Warning Passages in Hebrews
- Will Any Believers Be Left Behind?
- Sounds of Grace
- How Grace Changed my Life
- Words, contempt, justification
- Just As If I Had Never Sinned
- Salvation, Justification, Reconciliation
- God For Us
- Of First Importance.
- Imputation: Big Word, Bigger Meaning
- Looking Beyond Flaws, Failings & Brokenness: The Beauty of the Christian Message