When we hear the news these days we are confronted each day by new terrorist attacks. The latest shocking us all was in a town were many Islamic fundamentalists live and we would have thought that would be one of the last resorts to bring a terror attack in name of Allah.
The last few years we have seen more natural disasters bringing distress and agony in many places over this globe. Peoples also got upset by those who took power and tried to oppress the people. Not only nation stood up against nation, religious groups started fighting against each other as well.
On the 14th of July, the Bastille Day or national holiday in France a feast celebrating liberty, equality and liberty at the Promenade des Anglais turned into a nightmare after a lorry-driver went madly from one site of the road to the other mowing several people into their death.
Friday, a A few hundred yards from the scene of the atrocity, people walked their dogs and sat eating on restaurant terraces. Past them walked couples carrying flowers and clutching each other’s hands tightly. Life started to continue, whilst people wondered how long it would go on like this that Europe would be taken by terror and fear.
More loss of life, suffering, sadness and bereavement, and more fear and dread in people’s hearts. These events are occurring with increasing regularity throughout the world – at such a rate, in fact, that a large proportion receive little attention in the media.
Late Friday, with Erdogan traveling abroad a crisis in Turkey came to explode. Rebel military forces seized on the opportunity, taking control of key positions but encountering stiff resistance by elements loyal to Erdogan‘s elected government.
Turkey‘s military, one of the largest in NATO, has traditionally served as a secular and pro-democratic force in Turkish politics since the reign of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the leader who took Turkey on a secular path in the period following the First World War.
By all those things happening to day we like to remind all of the sayings in the Holy Scriptures
“And there shall be … distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth …” (Luke 21:25,26)
But we have the comfort and exhortation of the next two verses:
“And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh” (verses 27,28).
Let us make sure that we’re ready and waiting for the Lord Jesus’ return, when all this distress and fear will be no more; as he will rule the whole earth in peace and righteousness. May that day come soon!
- Refugee crisis, terrorist attacks and created fear
- Summary for the year 2015 #1 Threat and fear
- Summary for the year 2015 # 2 Strewn with corpses and refugees
- 2015 the year of ISIS
- Paris attacks darkening the world
- Islamophobic hate crimes rise in UK following terror attacks
- Jesus Christ is the perfect security in storms
- The chosen ones to fear or not to fear
- God my fence, my hope for the future
- Nice attack:Algerians and Tunisians among Nice victims
- Media Blames Truck, Not Terrorists or Islam, For Nice Attack
- Nice terror attack: What French think
- France PM: “We should learn to live with terrorism”
- Was the Nice Attacker Really a Jihadist? — Time
- Nice attack: Four men held over lorry attack that killed 84 — Metro
- Extremist hate & violence – Not in God’s Name
- Nice attack: Isis claims responsibility for attack that killed 84
- Indeed, Even After All France Has Persevered Through, This Attack Is A Big Shock – Agnès Poirier
- Man with ‘machete’ arrested at Nice victims remembrance vigil — Metro
- Dear France, We feel your pain
- Mourners hold vigil near scene of Nice terror attack — Metro
- Mourners hold vigil near scene of Nice terror attack
- Watch “Trump on France: World’s crazy now, we’re weakly led, PC” on YouTube
- Trump Jumps To Conclusions Minutes After Nice Attack, Says He Would Declare A World War As President 1
- Trump Jumps To Conclusions Minutes After Nice Attack, Says He Would Declare A World War as President 2
- Turkey soldiers launch ‘illegal action’ – PM Yildirim
- Breaking! We have taken over power − Turkish military
- Breaking News:Military Coup in Turkey
- Military Coup In Turkey!!!
- Coup In Turkey
- Turkey Coup
- Group in Turkish Military Attempts Coup, PM Says — Time
- Coup in Turkey: there began the third world war?
- Watch “Turkey’s Military Is Attempting To Overthrow The Government” on YouTube
- Turkey military coup foiled:
- World War As President | ThinkProgress 2
- Wrong Side of (Turkish) History
- Amid reported Turkish coup and chaos, a fond memory of ordinary people