When people go around looking for a different church they were used to, they have to question themselves, sincerely asking their inner soul
“What do I really want? What I am looking for?”
“Go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:18-20).
It is all too easy to blame others not providing a good church whilst in a certain way each of us has to make church him- or herself. In case there is no good church around it is up to the individual to create a community which follows the teachings of Jeshua, Jesus Christ the Messiah.
Instead of seeing the church as money suckers and self-promoting organisations wanting to have power over others and boasting about their attendance, offering, programs and volunteers, we should look at the way all those things they do are in accordance with Biblical teaching.
When we see a church we should look at the people present in that church. How many among them in that congregation are really looking up at God and not worshipping other gods (like a god the Jesus) or people, which they call saints. And when they show love for God how they are placing Jesus? Are they willing to let him be in the centre of their lives and to be the cornerstone of their community?
Important also is to question how many among the congregation live out God’s calling upon their lives and centre their life purpose and significance on Him and on His son, Jesus. we may find lots of churches which turn around a certain denomination, following men (theologians, priests or pastors) instead of following the Word of God. We also can see several churches where the people want to be dependant on that church or on the leaders of that church (bishops, cardinals or a pope) instead of having a congregation living in total dependence on God and living a lifestyle of surrender.
Therefore when you see a church that might interest you, see also how they worship and how they interact with each other. Look which relationship they are willing to take with God, Jesus and with each other. In which way are they willing to share ‘love‘? are they sharing the brotherly or agapè love Jesus was talking about? Come to see how many among the congregation demonstrate their love for Jesus and his followers. Come to see how much they want to give themselves to the teachings of Christ Jesus and are willing to put aside the false doctrines of man. Very important for choosing a church is namely that the person first of all chooses for God and than goes looking for a church which promotes Biblical teachings and not men’s distorted views and doctrinal teachings.
How many among the congregation make God their first priority in the way they spend their time, money and resources? And how many are prepared to adapt their way of life by their obedience in their choices, actions and life style?
How many among the congregation protect their time alone with God to worship Him in private and to seek deeper intimacy with Him in personal life that nobody sees?
How many among the congregation are hunger for God with a humble and contrite spirit and tremble at His Word?
How many among the congregation will guard God’s truth out of their love for Jesus?
This are all very important questions we have to ask our selves when in our search for a church we do see a community which may look attractive.
On your search for a church you have to look for people who are really wanting to give themselves in the hands of God, willing to study regularly His Word as it is provided to us in the Holy Scriptures, the Bible. In that church or community do have to be people who are willing to testify and to edify. They must be willing to witness for Jehovah God and to spread the Good News of the coming Kingdom of God.
- Creation of the earth and man #4 Of the Sabbath day #2 Days 1,7,8 and 50
- Christianity to be enshrined
- Don’t Envy the World
- Six Reasons Young Christians Leave Church
- Would you run
- Preventing us from going window-shopping in prayer
- Daring to speak in multicultural environment
- Church is a Hospital for sinners
- Democratic principles for the church of today
- Church sent into the world
- Good or bad preacher
- Learn how to go out into the world and proclaim the Good News of the coming Kingdom
- Knowing where to go to
- Let me keep to “first importance” things
- Compassion and Discipline
- Aim High: Examples of Godly Characters to follow
- United people under Christ
- Congregate, to gather, to meet
- Congregation – Congregatie
- Meeting – Vergadering
- Let us meet in any suitable place
- Be an Encourager
- Keeping an ecclesia in modern times
- Integrity of the fellowship
- Our relationship with God, Jesus and eachother
- Intentions of an Ecclesia
- An ecclesia in your neighbourhood
- Small churches of the few Christadelphians
- Being in tune with God
- Making church
- Belonging to or being judged by
- Contribution – Contributie, bijdrage
- Male domination and tyranny giving opportunities to defile the Name of God
- Atonement And Fellowship 4/8
- Missional hermeneutics 5/5
- A Perfect Inheritance (birdchirp.wordpress.com)
- Loving the Sinner (heartfixxer.wordpress.com)
- Running Strong (truthanchors.wordpress.com)
- Pope Francis Is Not ‘Progressive’ – He’s a Priest (secretstolife.com)
- The Truth About The Roman Catholic Church (nowtheendbegins.com)
- LISTEN: Just Jesus #297 with Daniel Whyte III (blackchristiannews.com)
- 9-9-2015 Roman Catholic Church Has Not Spirit (fellowshiproom.org)
- Top-ranking Mormon leader, 86, dies from natural causes (khon2.com)