We, personally do find Christadelphians should be more willing to come forth to the general public and should preach more. We also find it frustrating that at our call for writers for our lifestyle magazines Stepping toes and From Guestwriters we did have no response at all. Nobody replied and nobody came forward to share some of their writings or to share some of the writings they found interesting. Though we do find it strange that contemporary people who so much read on the internet do not come across worthwhile literature and are not willing to share it with others at the readers digest magazine From Guestwriters.
Much more Christadelphians should try to come in contact with non-Christadelphians and even more with non-believers. Therefore they should be willing to set aside their own ‘Christadelphian language’ and speak in a language others can understand and refer to their own environment. Best is also to be willing to talk about subjects which others may interest and to meet them with the idea that they have no knowledge about the Bible at all (because the majority has no knowledge of the Holy Scriptures).
We announced Saturday October the 10th meeting “The Big Conversation. Its about small conversations!” were Christadelphian people came together to speak about the future of our community in the UK and in particular, our reducing size.
People are also requested to join the Solihull & Southport community for another uplifting day of sharing and encouragement in how we engage those around us with God’s message of hope.
This year there will be parallel linked events running at Solihull meeting room (organised by Jonathan Downes) and at Southport meeting room (organised by Andrew Fenner).
The morning sessions will be broadcast from Solihull with the discussions taking place locally. Catering arrangements haven’t been finalised yet for Southport, so bring a packed lunch!
You are invited to join our fellow believers for the “Positive Preaching Day 2015”. Together you may think about the importance of preaching.
Too many Christians do forget the task Jesus has given his followers, to out and to tell the Good News of the coming Kingdom of God. Many years ago we could find people who were willing to go out on the streets to give leaflets out and to witness, but today not many our found who will be willing to share openly what they believe. Lots of people are afraid to tell in public what they believe and how they want to serve Christ and worship the Only One True God, Jehovah.
We may underestimate the importance of preaching and should be strong and courageous enough not to mind showing our faith and be willing to publicly announce our believes.
Please consider thinking about this need of preaching and make your Day of preaching not just one little moment of thought but an ongoing celebration for the Word of God.
- Catholicism, Anabaptism and Crisis of Christianity
- Looking to the East and the West for Truth
- Some one or something to fear #3 Cases, folks and outing
- Learn how to go out into the world and proclaim the Good News of the coming Kingdom
- Bringing Good News into the world
- Beautiful feet of those who announce the good news
- Proclaiming shalom, bringing good news of good things, announcing salvation
- A Christian has to have eyes and ears and a tongue to use in good ways
- How To Get Started In Sharing Your Faith As a Christian
- Different approach in organisation of services #2
- Preaching Christ Is Not Enough
- Missionary action paradigm for all endeavours of the church
- Church has to grow through witness, not by proselytism
- Church sent into the world
- Testify of the things heard
- It is a free will choice
- Illuminating our minds and watching out
- Dedication and Preaching Effort 400 years after the first King James Version
- Which Christians Actually Evangelize
- Writers needed to preach to non-believers
- Small churches of the few Christadelphians
- The Message ” A Place to Become” by The Rev. Shivaun Wilkinson (saintnicks.com)
- Dry and Stale? (challies.com)
- Qualities of Urgency in Preaching Seen in Peter’s Pentecost Sermon (gentlereformation.com)
- Here in this Hospital Room (freetosurrender.com)
- An Encouraging Quote (menofredemption.wordpress.com)
- Lecture: Signs, Wonders and Social Justice (holyspiritactivism.wordpress.com)
- The Rule of Love (reknew.org)
- Looking for writers for two Lifestyle Magazines (christadelphianworld.blogspot.com)
- Who are the Christadelphians (christadelphianworld.blogspot.com)
- Christadelphian Auxiliary Lecturing Society in changed times (christadelphianworld.blogspot.com)