Talk to A Friend with status
True prayer is an act of filial affection to One Who describes Himself as Father and Friend. Like the apostle Paul, we “bow our knees unto the Father” from Whom all fatherhood derives its name (Ephesians 3:14-15 – 20th Century Translation). We know the tender longing of parents to help their children; and so, with loving confidence, we turn to Him in filial affection, love and respect (Malachi 1:6) to shelter under His protective arms. At the same time, we recognise that His status as a true Father is such that He will not spoil His children, but will guide and chasten them for their benefit (Hebrews 12:5-11; 5:8).
We carefully have to call to mind the Exalted One Whom we are to address, and the great privilege that is ours in being able to do so. Do not take prayer for granted. Prayer is not a matter of merely closing the eyes and using the tongue, but of coming humbly into the august presence of the great Creator, the King of heaven. Consider His high, exalted status!
(24) And to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you blameless before the presence of His esteem with exceeding joy, (25) to the only wise Elohim, our Saviour, be esteem and greatness and might and authority, both now and forever. Amĕn. (Jude 1:24-25 The Scriptures 1998+)
When we do have a close friend we talk often to him or her and call him or her by his or her name. When we do consider the Creator to be our Father and trustworthy Friend we also should call Him by His Name.
Jeshua (Jesus), the son of God, born of a woman, born under the law, paved the way so that we could come straight to his and our Father. That man of flesh and blood was there to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons, being allowed to cry onto their Father ‘Abba‘ or ‘Pater’.
(1) And I say, for as long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a slave, though he is master of all, (2) but is under guardians and trustees till the time prearranged by the father. (3) So we also, when we were children, were under the elementary matters of the world, being enslaved. (4) But when the completion of the time came, Elohim sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under Torah, (5) to redeem those who were under Torah, in order to receive the adoption as sons. (6) And because you are sons, Elohim has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, “Abba, Father!” (7) So you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, also an heir of Elohim through Messiah. (Galatians 4:1-7 The Scriptures 1998+)
Dutch version / Nederlandse versie: Vertrouwen, Geloof, Roepen en Toeschrijving aan Jehovah #12 Gebed #10 Gesprek met een Vriend
- Walking alone?
- God doesn’t call the qualified
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #2 Instructions and Laws
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks away
- Video – Commandments of God
- A Living Faith #7 Prayer
- Prayer, important aspect in our life
- Does God hear prayer?
- Does God answer prayer?
- If your difficulties are longstanding, try kneeling
- He who kneels before God can stand before anyone!
- If you do pray you shall not be disappointed
- Sometimes we pray and pray and it seems like nothing happens.
- Prayer has the power to change mountains into highways
- Trust God
- Shelter in the morning
- Certainty in a troubled world
- Prayer has comforted us in sorrow
- Aim High: Examples of Godly Characters to follow
- Being sure of their deliverance
- Belief of the things that God has promised
- God showing how far He is willing to go to save His children
- If we, in our prosperity, neglect religious instruction and authority
- Prayer, important aspect in our life
- Listening and Praying to the Father
- 7000 to 20000 words spoken each day
- Biblical Prayer at Tabernacle Site Shilo
- Genuine prayer
- Prayer request opportunity
- People who know how to pray to move God to take hold of our affairs in a mighty way
- Call for prayer to help with unity crisis
- Work with joy and pray with love
- If you think you’re too small to be effective
- Give your worries to God
- Quit griping about your church
- Try driving forward instead of backwards
- Preventing us from going window-shopping in prayer
- Communion and day of worship
- Prayer for the day
- Set free from any form of mental torment or self-condemnation
- Were allowed to willfully break the Law of Moses
- God loving people justified
- S&S Call Encounter Notes: Prayer (spiritandserendipity.com)
Talking with God is a conversation that involves two persons. / Talking with God involves two-way communication. / Talking with God involves speaking and hearing. / Talking with God involves saying what you have to say as well as hearing/listening to/responding to what God has to say.
- Hallowed Be Your Name, Evans Olang (magnifyhisword.wordpress.com)
While it’s easy to come to prayers with our “give me list”, Jesus taught His disciples to first hallow God’s name.
- Got P? (heatherbuzard.wordpress.com)
This is what PZ said: ”You should be praying about something more than you’re
talkingabout it. You should be praying for someone to come to Jesus more than you’re talkingto them about Jesus.”
- Psalm 61:1 NKJV – Hear my prayer (pagprayer.wordpress.com)
When we pray, we are seeking God’s counsel and readiness to answer. That is exactly what this verse is saying. O Lord, I am here and I need Your help. Hear me O God. Whether we are seeking Godly wisdom, or an answer to something not understood, or healing for oneself or a loved one, or prayers for deliverance from an addiction, you can call upon the Name of God.Psalm 50:15 says, “Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.” When we call upon the Name of God we are demonstrating a dependence upon Him. Sometimes this is out of a sense of desperation. Sometimes it’s acknowledging who God is. And as intercessors, we call upon the Name of God as a function of prayer. In all of these cases, we are making known we need the power and the presence of God.
The article James 4:10 NKJV – God blesses the humble starts good, but suddenly brings on ‘being face to face with Jesus will drive me to lay prostrate before Him.’ but we should not come up face to face with Jesus to worship him. Jesus is the mediator between God and man, so perhaps we may talk to him, but he paved the way and made it possible to come straight ahead to his Father the Only One God to whom Jesus also prayed and learned his followers to pray “Our Father who art in heaven…”.
Psalm 115:18 NKJV – Adoration Prayer Part 2
Adoration is defined as “Strong feelings of love.” That is what I have for God. Very strong feelings of love and a desire to spend as much time with Him in prayer as I possibly can.
Prayer again is simply a conversation with God. It’s about establishing a relationship with Him in daily interaction for the sole purpose of glorying Him. And as I said a few months ago, “Adoration Prayer” is prayer whereby we ask for nothing, but rather allow our words to glorify God in thanksgiving and praise.
1 John 3:19-20 NIV – Where is our focus?
When we wake up in the morning, God is with us. How do we respond? Do we jump up, look at the clock, run and get some coffee and get about doing what needs to be done? Or do we take some time to sit in the presence of God and allow His peace to engulf us. God did not sleep while we slept. “He who watches over you will not slumber.” (Psalm 121:4 NIV) Imagine the difference in our day if we took the few minutes to thank the Lord and welcome God into our day.
- Love Is All Around Us….The Mad Jewess; Thinking of Marezilla….. (grumpyelder.com)
There is so much turmoil all around us: We blog about it, we’re sad, crushed and devastated by Communist “Liberals” fraud ‘conservatives,’ & the current evil.. I know that GOD knows we get depressed.. But, my friend for years on the blogosphere: Political Vel Craft came by and reminded us all of ‘who’s in charge’, Elohim, GOD, Jehovah, HaShem, The GREAT I AM. The King of ALL Kings. He leaves evidence of his love in nature to calm our spiritual storms.
- Prayer Dealing With Snake Talk (pureglory.net)
Your prayers for your frenemies are laced with double blessings. (Job 42:10-12)
- Love Is All Around Us…. (givemeliberty01.com)
There is so much turmoil all around us: We blog about it, we’re sad, crushed and devastated
- Creator and Blogger God 12 Old and New Blog 2 Blog for every day (bijbelvorser.wordpress.com)
Our delight is in Adonai the Elohim His torah. On Jehovah’s Word, His instructions and Torah we want to meditate day and night, so that we can become instructed to the good and be blessed by the Most High.