Making the Name Holy
Intro to the Holiness of the Name
A privilege to speak to the Most High
Father, Dad, Papa, Paps, Pa
Preceding article: Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #10 Prayer #8 Condition
To be continued: Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #12 Prayer #10 Talk to A Friend
Find also to read:
- God our Father
- Listening and Praying to the Father
- Praise the God with His Name
- God should be your hope
- God Helper and Deliverer
- God Feeds The Birds
- A Living Faith #7 Prayer
- Prayer, important aspect in our life
- Genuine prayer
- He who kneels before God can stand before anyone!
- People who know how to pray to move God to take hold of our affairs in a mighty way
- 7000 to 20000 words spoken each day
- Does God hear prayer?
- Does God answer prayer?
- Communion and day of worship
- Doest thou well to be Angry?
- A man who cannot forgive others
- He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass
- Forgiveness is a blessing for the one who forgives
- Forgiveness always possible
- Growth in character
- The meek one riding on an ass
- Jesus and his God
- Being sure of their deliverance
- Biblical Prayer at Tabernacle Site Shilo
- Walking alone?
- Work with joy and pray with love
- Give your worries to God
- If you think you’re too small to be effective
- God doesn’t call the qualified
- If you do pray you shall not be disappointed
- Sometimes we pray and pray and it seems like nothing happens.
- Prayer has the power to change mountains into highways
- Prayer has comforted us in sorrow
- Preventing us from going window-shopping in prayer
- Prayer for the day
- Funeral service only belongs in church building according to Catholic Church
- George Muller on Faith, Prayer, and God’s Promises (biblebelievernet.com)
Of course God does not need to be convinced: no arguments can make any plainer to Him the claims of trusting souls to His intervention, claims based upon His own word, confirmed by His oath. And yet He will be inquired of and argued with. That is His way of blessing. He loves to have us set before Him our cause and His own promises:He delights in the well-ordered plea, where argument is piled upon argument.
- Hallowed Be Your Name, Evans Olang (magnifyhisword.wordpress.com)
Prayer always begins with God and ends with Him. When was the last time you worshipped Him for who He is, magnified His name, His attributes, His nature in your prayers? While it’s easy to come to prayers with our “give me list”, Jesus taught His disciples to first hallow God’s name.
The more hallow God’s name, the more your faith in prayer increases. It builds your faith to see God far beyond what I you are dealing with at any given time. Read Jeremiah’s hallow God’s greatness, “‘Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You”, Jeremiah 32:17.
- The Fifth of November and the Liturgy of Thanks (calvinistinternational.com)
As mentioned in our post on the history of Halloween, the great holiday around this time in post-Reformation England was neither All Saints Day nor Reformation Day, but rather Guy Fawkes Day. The Fifth of November became a national holiday, a day of thanksgiving, in 1606, and it continued to be a vastly popular holiday for centuries. It did not become an official liturgical holiday until 1662, when a special service of thanksgiving was added to the Book of Common Prayer. This initial service was actually not extraordinarily anti-catholic, and certainly not at all extreme by the standards of the time, though it certainly used the occasion of the liturgy to promote religious unity around the state church and the monarchy, as well as to suppress dissent.
- Creator and Blogger God 7 A Blog of a Book 1 Believing the Blogger (bijbelvorser.wordpress.com)
In one of his last recorded prayers before his death, Jesus declared: “this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent” (John 17:3). It is a remarkable fact that our salvation – life eternal – should link so closely with our knowledge of God.Jesus always worked on the relationship with his Father and took care that others got to know his Father, without Jesus is nothing and who is mightier than Jesus.
- The Sacred and the Shameful: Our Attendance and Conduct at Church (regenerationandrepentance.wordpress.com)
God has made you a Christian that you may be the means of making others partakers of your glorious hopes. You are a part of “the salt of the earth,” that you may season it with religious influences. You are a ray of “the light of the world’” that you may enlighten its darkness. God has led you to embrace the Gospel, that from you it may ” sound out” to your neighbours and friends. The millennium will be brought about, not so much by the labours of splendid and gifted preachers, as by the universal and persistent labours of the great body of disciples, “every man eaying to his neighbour, Know the Lord, until all shall know Him, from the least to the greatest.” See Jer. xxxi. 34. Thus shall the earth be filled with the knowledge of the Lord. Now in this blessed labour you are called upon to take a part You have been made alive unto God by Christ Jesus, that you may work for Jesus with all your heaven-born energies.