Lessons for us today from the songs of the Lamb:
Revelation is a very difficult book for us to understand. It is a visual and a cartoon which looks at events that are going to lead up to the return of Christ and the Kingdom of God.
It emphasises that Christ is worthy and is our saviour.
Weep no more, behold, the Lion of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so He can open the scroll and the seven seals.
The song to the Lamb from the elders:
Rev 5 ; 9-10 – Elders
You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals;
For You who were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood –
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And we shall reign on earth.
There is also the second song which is the song of Moses and the song of the Lamb
Rev 15V; 3-4
“Great and marvellous are your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways, King of the ages.
Who will not fear you, O Lord, and brings glory to your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed.”
This should be our song to God.
Preceding article: The Song of The Lamb #7 Revelation 15
Next: Song of Praise for the Elohim Set-Apart
Previous articles on this subject:
- Contents of the Book of Revelation
- The Song of The Lamb #1 Visions, symbols and suggested meanings
- The Song of The Lamb #2 Sevens
- The Song of The Lamb #3 Daniel and Revelation
- The Song of The Lamb #4 Methods of Interpretation
- The song of the lamb #5 Revelation 5
- The Song of The Lamb #6 Revelation 14
- The Song of The Lamb #7 Revelation 15
- Kingdom Visions of a Man, Throne and Great crowd
- Kingdom Visions of Rainbowed angel, Lamb in Mount Zion
- Kingdom Visions of God’s judgements and Marriage of the Lamb
- 144 000 following the Lamb
- An unblemished and spotless lamb foreknown
- Seals, a flying scroll, a statue and blessings
- Songs of Moses and the servants of God
- Behold the Lamb (3) (newjerusalem12.wordpress.com)
The Lamb of God took away the sins of the world by His death. Now, in resurrection, He is still our Redeemer and is also revealed as much more in Revelation.
We overcome the accuser “because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of our testimony” (12:10-11).
- The Emerging of the Anti Christ 2 Thessalonians 2:1-5 (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
There will be a stirring among the nations (sea) that will result in the emergence of the most evil global leader in history known as the Anti-Christ.
- Baby,priest,teacher,prophet,lamb of God,son of God,king,lord (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
The Rise of Anti-Christ, (Anti-Messiah who opposes the real Messiah) is different from the other nations that ruled the earth. Some believe the Anti-Messiah will serve as a false Messiah for the Jewish People. This is not the case. He is the one world leader who takes over the Jewish Temple and claims himself as God. The Anti-Christ is of Roman origin, the prince of the people who destroyed the city. Daniel 7:24b
the purpose of the tribulation is to bring people to faith by means of God’s wrath, and cause them to cry out the Messiah.
- Behold the Lamb (4) (newjerusalem12.wordpress.com)
The center of New Jerusalem is “the throne of God and of the Lamb” (22:1, 3) from which flows the river of water of life with the tree of life.
- When My Spirit Grows Faint Within Me, It Is You Who Watch Over My Way (smritidisaac.wordpress.com)
Nations and armies and wealth and power are of no match whatsoever to the Spirit of the Lord.
Imagine tens of thousands of these spirit beings following the Lamb of God. Just like that nursery rhyme “Mary had a little lamb”, only here it was Mary and all her tens of thousands of chosen brothers and sisters who were following the Lamb!
- Be the Light…. (christianconnect.wordpress.com)
The nation does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light and the Lamb is the light.The nations will walk by its light and the kings of the earth will bring splendor to it.
- Revelation 21/Today’s reading 12-30-12 (hispassioninme.wordpress.com)
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
- Behold the Lamb (2) (newjerusalem12.wordpress.com)
The Lamb is our Shepherd (7:17). As the Shepherd, He is our Guide (7:17). He is all we need! The emphasis in His guiding is not what to do in details of our daily life; rather the emphasis is to guide us “to springs of waters of life.”