Christ warned about earthquakes in various places in Matthew 24:7, and great earthquakes in Luke 21:11.
Increased earthquakes are only one sign of the end times within nature. An additional interesting anomaly that suggests another end time’s prophecy is stage-setting is the birds of prey phenomena occurring in Israel. Griffon Vultures and many other types of birds that normally migrated through Israel have begun to nest and settle in the Jewish state as of recent.
Do you sometimes wonder about four Gentile Empires being: Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome?
Daniel 7:23-24 predicted that a global government would form out of the fourth Gentile Empire, and that it would ultimately morph into a ten-division state. There exists differing views as to the composition of the ten-division state. Some believe Europe is ultimately divided into ten nations, while others believe the world is split into ten regions.
In case you would like to know more about the Mount Olivet Prophesy we would like to recommend you to book onto the planned School of the Prophets UK.
The idea of the School of the Prophets is taken from the books of Samuel and Kings. In the dark years of the wicked kings faithful believers gathered together to gain strength and learn more about God’s ways. They were normally accompanied by a prophet (such as Samuel or Elisha) who would teach them the things of God.
In the current dispensation we, of course, do not have prophets who possessed the Holy Spirit as it they did in the days of the Kings. However we have the words of those prophets as recorded in the scriptures which are “able to make us wise unto salvation“. It is the study of these scriptures which is the focus of the School of the Prophets.
The weekend promises to be an exciting and deep study of the Olivet Prophecy – if anyone did want to come we would not want them to miss out.
The details are as follows:
- What: x7 studies on “How to Interpret the Lord’s Mount Olivet Prophecy” aimed at Brothers & Sisters who wish to become better Bible students.
- Study 1: How our early brethren understood the Mt Olivet Prophecy
- Study 2: Why was the Mt Olivet Prophecy given?
- Study 3: These things are the beginning of sorrows
- Study 4: The Abomination of Desolation
- Study 5: Signs in the sun, moon and stars
- Memorial meeting – Study 6: The parable of the fig tree
- Study 7: What relevance does the Mt Olivet Prophecy have for us?
- To help make attendees better Bible Students by learning methods of Bible study
- To help generate good Bible study material by examining a specific topic of scripture in detail
- To gain encouragement from meeting with Brothers and Sisters in similar circumstances
- To assist in a greater understanding of family and ecclesial responsibilities and roles.
- When: 17th – 19th of August (God Willing)
- Where: Castleton Youth Hostel, Debryshire
- Who: The School of the Prophets 2012 has been organised by Brother Matt Davies, Nottingham Forest Road. + Studies led by Bro Mark Allfree, Nottingham Forest Road
- How: Visit http://www.christadelphianschooloftheprophets.info to book
the new YHA at Castleton Losehill Hall offers simple bunk-bed dormitories.
If anyone has any questions about booking they can contact me directly: email@example.com or see full details and programme on the website: http://www.christadelphianschooloftheprophets.info/
All plans according to the will of the Lord.
Prophets making excuses
The Christian, as a disciple of the Lord, as a pupil in the school of Christ, is being fitted for a place in the Millennial kingdom — for a share in its glory, honour and immortality….Hence, we see the necessity for the frequent admonitions of the Scriptures, that the Lord’s people shall be awake;–not of those who slumber; not of those who are idle; not of those who are overcharged with the cares of this life; but that they be fervent in spirit, serving the Lord. Their service toward the Lord is primarily the bringing of themselves into as close harmony with the Lord’s will, and into as close likeness to the divine pattern as possible; and secondly, it is that by precept and example they may help others of the called ones in the same narrow way.
- “What happened on the Mount of Olives?” (brakeman1.com)
Jesus made two visits to the Mount of Olives that are recorded in the Bible, both in the last week of His life. The first visit was to deliver what has come to be known as the Olivet Discourse recorded in Matthew 24:1–25:46. Parallel passages are found in Mark 13:1-37 and Luke 21:5-36. The second visit was on the night He was betrayed. That evening began with the Last Supper and ended in the Garden of Gethsemane on the Mount of Olives.
The content of the Olivet Discourse is Jesus’ response to His disciples’ question “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?” (Matthew 24:3). The content of what Jesus taught in Matthew 24–25 primarily refers to the future tribulation period and the second coming of Christ at the end of the tribulation.