In the Bible we can find the Name of God. In Hebrew indicated by יהוה which we can read best as ‘Jehovah‘. In some of our postings you shall be able to find יהוה printed so that you can clearly notice the difference with the other important person in the Holy Scriptures: יהושע Jehoshua or Jeshua, indicating that it is Jehovah who saves: Yeshu’ = Yeshua (Hebrew) or Jeshua (Germanic), who is better known under the name Jesus (meaning Hail to Zeus) (Find out more in The wrong hero)
The numerous titles for God have been a source of debate among biblical scholars
For God The Almighty (El Shaddai) or Most High (Elyon) the Avinu or “our father”, several titles, highlighting different aspects of YHWH (Tzevaot) and the various roles of God, are also used of which some begin with the first letter of the alphabet, the letter Aleph, including the following:
- – El = mighty one
- – Elohim
- – Eloha
- – ehyeh asher ehyeh
- – Adonai = god, or authority, master
- – Adon Olam = “Eternal Lord” or “Lord of the Universe”
- – Adir
Jeffrey Pierce writes: “Aleph literally represents “the beginning,” and The Awakening offers the first threads of the beginning of “the end.” It is connected to acharit hayamim, or the “end of days” spoken of in Hebrew prophecy and it is Aleph (which has a numeric value of 1,000) that is used by Hebrew mystics to calculate that the end will come 6,000 years into that culture’s perspective of the present age. While it can be viewed simply as a symbol on a page, Aleph is the first hint that there is more to the story than simply the novel itself.”
The two most frequently used designations for deity in the Hebrew Scriptures are: (“Elohim” for “God”-This is a plural word, and is also translated as “gods” in the TaNaK-see Exodus 20:3 for example) and [“YHVH” Yehovah (Hebrew) = Jehovah (Germanic)
Note: The four-letter name for the God of Israel is YHWH (Hebrew יהוה ). It is the most important name of God in Judaism, and is used most often in the Hebrew scriptures. It is also known as the Tetragrammaton, a term from Greek τετραγράμματον, meaning “[a word] having four letters”.
Other common tittles:
- Adir—”Strong One”
- Adon Olam—”Master of the World”
- Aibishter—”The Most High” (Yiddish)
- Aleim—sometimes seen as an alternative transliteration of Elohim
- Avinu Malkeinu—”Our Father, our King”
- Bore—”the Creator”
- Ehiyeh sh’Ehiyeh—”I Am That I Am”: a modern Hebrew version of “Ehyeh asher Ehyeh”
- Elohei Avraham, Elohei Yitzchak ve Elohei Ya`aqov—”God of Abraham, God of Isaac, and God of Jacob”
- Elohei Sara, Elohei Rivka, Elohei Leah ve Elohei Rakhel—”God of Sarah, God of Rebecca, God of Leah, and God of Rachel”
- El ha-Gibbor—”God the hero” or “God the strong one” or “God the warrior”
- E’in Sof—”endless, infinite”, Kabbalistic name of God
- HaKadosh, Barukh Hu (Hebrew); Kudsha, Brikh Hu (Aramaic)—”The Holy One, Blessed be He”
- HaRachaman-“The Merciful One”
- Kadosh Israel—”Holy One of Israel”
- Melech HaMelachim—”The King of kings” or Melech Malchei HaMelachim “The King, King of kings”, to express superiority to the earthly rulers title.
- Makom or HaMakom—literally “the place”, perhaps meaning “The Omnipresent”; see Tzimtzum
- Magen Avraham—”Shield of Abraham”
- Ribono shel `Olam—”Master of the World”
- Ro’eh Yisra’el—”Shepherd of Israel”
- Tzur Israel—”Rock of Israel“
- Uri Gol— “The new LORD for a new era” (Judges 5:14)
- YHWH-Yireh (Adonai-jireh)—”The LORD will provide” (Genesis 22:13–14)
- YHWH-Rapha—”The LORD that healeth” (Exodus 15:26)
- YHWH-Niss”i (Adonai-Nissi)—”The LORD our Banner” (Exodus 17:8–15)
- YHWH-Shalom—”The LORD our Peace” (Judges 6:24)
- YHWH-Ro’i—”The LORD my Shepherd”
- YHWH-Tsidkenu—”The LORD our Righteousness” (Jeremiah 23:6)
- YHWH-Shammah (Adonai-shammah)—”The LORD is present” (Ezekiel 48:35)
Please do find more Titles and Names used to indicate God the Most High:
On Steppping toes you may also find:
- A god between many gods
- The wrong hero
- Creator of heaven and earth and everything aroundיהוה
- Does He exists?
- Some one or something to fear #5 Not afraid
- Some one or something to fear #6 Faith in the Most High
- Some one or something to fear #7 Not afraid for Gods Name
Do find as well:
- Lord or Yahuwah, Yeshua or Yahushua
- I Will Cause Your Name To Be Remembered
- Jehovah Yahweh Gods Name
- The Divine name of the Creator
- I am that I am Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh אהיה אשר אהיה
- Hashem השם, Hebrew for “the Name”
- Praise the God with His Name
- Archeological Findings the name of God YHWH
- Jeruzalem Gods city
- God is one
- The Trinity – the truth
- The Gospel: Faithful, Not Crazy
- The NIV and the Name of God
- Use of /Gebruik van Jehovah or/of Yahweh in Bible Translations/Bijbel vertalingen
- The importance of Reading the Scriptures (christadelphians.wordpress.com)
- The Importance Of Scripture (christadelphians.wordpress.com)
- Daily Tidbits 4/29 – 4 Elements (littleguyintheeye.wordpress.com)
The numerical value of aleph is 1, as is the atomic number of hydrogen, strengthening our identification
“When we substitute modern elements for all four letters of God’s ancient name, we see a result that, at first blush, may be unexpected. Replacing the final H in YHVH with its chemical equivalent of nitrogen, God’s name becomes the elements hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen and nitrogen (HNON) – all colorless, odorless, and invisible gases! In other words, replacing 100 percent of God’s personal name with the elements of this world creates a substance that is an intangible, yet very real form of creation!”
- Let’s Get It Right: Psalm 8, NLT (psalmslife.com)
The created world has a master, and that must be considered.
Looking at the Word as a prescription can be quite healthy.
- The Bible Simplified….. (jesusisms.wordpress.com)
the Truth is, the more you Keep On reading it, Keep On seeking its information, the more the above intimidating distractions, which satan uses to discourage you with, will disappear and the information comes out like a flaming torch of light.
- The Sufficiency of Scripture (part one) (mindrenewers.com)
This doctrine is the antidote to the man-exalting traditionalism of many mainline churches (Catholic and Protestant), the dangerous mysticism of modern ”pop” Christianity, the pseudo-authority of God-ignoring psychology, the famous-preacher-worship of much of evangelicalism, and the cancerous imperial minister syndrome that infects many independent churches (Baptists and others).
General Revelation in Psalm 19: Here, the name used for God is El, the shortened version of Elohim. The emphasis is on God as the Mighty One, the One who is powerful and strong — and this is seen in His work of creation. As Romans 1 says, ‘For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead.’ God’s power and divine nature can be seen in His creative work.
If Scripture can be trusted that ‘it does what it says on the package,’ we should take notice, because the package says it does quite a lot.
- Who is God? (adifferenceforyourlovedones.wordpress.com)
God is Jehovah=YHWH in the intimate relationship. Knowing God as Elohim is nice and wonderful , but very misleading …
On this earth we have only 3 dimension, 4 , if we consider the spiritual. Nobody knows how many facets of dimension God really has.People always ask me: “What is the name of your God?”
God our creator’s character is flawless, too perfect for human description.
God has many name, because His attributes rises to any need you possibly could have.
Here are some other names of God, by all means not a comprehensive list. I am not able to study any further, else this blog will never be published. Send me input of your research if you like.
Jehovah Tsuri= The Lord my strength
Jehovah Rophe= The Lord my healer
Jehovah Shalom= The Lord our peace
Jehovah Bore= The Lord our maker
Jehovah Maginnenu=The Lord my defense
Jehovah Jared= The Lord my provider
Jehovah Roi= The Lord is my shepard
Jehovah maize= The Lord my fortress
El Nose’= A forgiving God
El Simchath Gili= God my joy and my delight
El Emunah= The faithful God
This chapter can go on forever, because God is so awesome.
- I AM…………………….The name of God and endless potential. (cancercuredmylife.wordpress.com)
I Am that I Am (אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה, ʾehyeh ʾašer ʾehyeh [ʔehˈje ʔaˈʃer ʔehˈje]) is a common English translation (JPS among others) of the response God used in the Hebrew Bible whenMoses asked for his name (Exodus 3:14). It is one of the most famous verses in the Torah. Hayah means “existed” or “was” in Hebrew; “ehyeh” is the first person singular imperfect form and is usually translated in English Bibles as “I will be” (or “I shall be”), for example, at Exodus 3:12. Ehyeh asher ehyeh literally translates as “I Will Be What I Will Be”, with attendant theological and mystical implications in Jewish tradition. However, in most English Bibles, this phrase is rendered as I am that I am.”
Basically I spoke things that I desired as if they already existed. All of these statement began with I AM. I must have said, I am HEALTHY over a million times. I was making statements outside of my present human experience. I believe that in doing this I asked the divine to make them a reality in my present life…………..spoken in faith.
- Radiate FROM God (revessie.com)
God expects for us to live in Spiritual growth. We need to graduate from the milk of God’s Word to the meat of His Word. If one cannot keep up with the footmen how can he run with the horses?
Make room for God in your everyday living. He should be the neucleus of your life, not beside, on top, behind, nor under you. You radiate only because of Him.
- How Factual is the Bible? (glimpsesofgeula.wordpress.com)
“What I found is that there’s an astonishing number of ‘coincidences’ in which the Hebrew name for some ‘entity’ in the Bible relates directly to that entity’s scientifically established physical property,”
Shore’s book Coincidences in the Bible and in Biblical Hebrew offers dozens of incidents in which the Hebrew words in the Bible offer hidden information about the objects or people they represent, information which, in many cases, couldn’t have been known or measured until modern times.
- Not making a runner (christadelphians.wordpress.com)
We should remember that the Father of Jesus is the Elohim Hashem Yah, The Only One God and there is no other God of gods, only the ever existing Jehovah created. Jehovah was the “Yah” (“Ja”) or the “Yes ” (“Ja”), the Being; without Him no life was or is possible. Yahweh and His Spirit, His Thinking are one and the same not separate. The one placed by the Spirit in the womb of the virgin Mary is the “Yah shua” the Jeshua who was given this set apart spirit and was guided by “Yah”, the being of and from God. In all his ways Jesus took the guidance of God His Spirit in him up and was completely observant to Him. We also should try to listen to this Holy Spirit and follow His guidance.