Forgoing article: #18 Believing in inhuman or human person
Thebegotten Son of
43. A compromising fact
Christian tradition from the second century embarked on an amazing embellishment of the biblical story which obscured Jesus’ Messianic Sonship and humanity. Once the Son was given a pre-history as coequal and coessential with his Father, the unity of God was threatened and monotheism was compromised, though every effort was made to conceal this with the protest that God was still one, albeit no longer one Person, the Father, but one “Essence,” comprising more than one Person. But this was a dangerous shift into Greek philosophical categories alien to the New Testament’s Hebrew theologyand creeds (cp. John 17:3; 5:44; Mark 12:28ff).
““And this is everlasting life, that they should know You, the only true Elohim, and יהושע Messiah whom You have sent.” (John 17:3 The Scriptures 1998+)
““How are you able to believe, when you are receiving esteem from one another, and the esteem that is from the only Elohim you do not seek?” (John 5:44 The Scriptures 1998+)
“And one of the scribes coming near, hearing them reasoning together, knowing that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first command of all?” And יהושע answered him, “The first of all the commands is, ‘Hear, O Yisra’ĕl, יהוה our Elohim, יהוה is one. ‘And you shall love יהוה your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first command. “And the second, like it, is this, ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ There is no other command greater than these.” And the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one Elohim, and there is no other besides Him.” (Mark 12:28-32 The Scriptures 1998+)
Several other “adjustments” became necessary under the revised doctrine of God. John was made to say in certain other verses what he did not say. This trend is well illustrated by the New International Version in John 13:3, 16:28 and 20:17.
“Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God;” (John 13:3 NIV)
“I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”” (John 16:28 NIV)
“Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”” (John 20:17 NIV)
In none of these passages does the original say that Jesus was going back to God. In the first two Jesus spoke of his intention to “go to the Father” and in the last of his “ascending” to his Father. The NIV embellishes the story by telling us that Jesus was going back or returning to God. A Son whose existence is traced to his mother’s womb cannot go back to the Father, since he has never before been with the Father. Jesus also does not go to a place where he was before as God, to be God again, but he goes “to” his Father to be “with” his Father.
“יהושע, knowing that the Father had given all into His hands, and that He had come from Elohim and was going to Elohim,” (John 13:3 The Scriptures 1998+)
““I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.” “ (John 16:28 The Scriptures 1998+)
“יהושע said to her, “Do not hold on to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father. But go to My brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My Elohim and your Elohim.’ ” (John 20:17 The Scriptures 1998+)
Preceding article: Jesus begotten Son of God #18 Believing in inhuman or human person
To be continued: Before and After (Parts 44 + 45)
- Not sure there exist a god
- Hashem השם, Hebrew for “the Name”
- Monotheism: Christelijke monotheïsten
- Reasons that Jesus was not God
- Concerning gospelfaith
- Only one God
- God is one
- God of gods
- How the Coctrine of the Trinity came to the Church or How the Doctrine of the Trinity came to the Church
- How did the Trinity Doctrine Develop
- Historical Development of Trinity
- Summary on trinity
- Trinity function
- Trinity versus Tritheism
- Why the trinity was accepted in Europe
- The Trinity – the truth
- Preexistence in the Divine purpose and Trinity
- For those who have not the rudiments of an historical sense
- How do trinitarians equate divine nature
- 2 Corinthians 5:19 – God in Christ
- One mediator
- Is the Trinity a Biblical Doctrine? + What is the Trinity? + The Father is the Only True God > Restoration Light
- Who is Jesus #1 Introduction
- Who is Jesus #2 Jesus Christ, man who died
- Who is Jesus #4 Clear statements that our heavenly Father is his “God”
- Who is Jesus #6 Jesus prays to God
- Who is Jesus #8 Father greater than Jesus
- Who is Jesus #9 100% or not
- Who is Jesus #12 Conclusion
- Pre-existence of Christ
- Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- Knowing rabboni
- Da Vinci Code: Was Jesus Human or Divine?
- The Pagan Influence of The catholic church ……The Pagan Trinity, and Saint B
- Our relationship with God, Jesus and each other
- Admittance with Christ
- Gathering with Jesus
- Sayings around God
- Have You Seen the Face of God? (lbbfchurch.wordpress.com)
Ever since His ascension into heaven, after His resurrection, Jesus has been exalted in glory. He has received even a greater glory because of His obedience to the Father’s will. As recorded in John 17, Jesus prayer to the Father was that He might again enter into this visible glory of heaven.
- Jesus begotten Son of God #12 Son of God (christadelphians.wordpress.com)
- Jesus begotten Son of God #18 Believing in inhuman or human person (christadelphians.wordpress.com)
- Firstfruits and the Final Harvest (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
In the Tanakh, a cloud often expresses God’s glory. Daniel prophesied that he saw in a night vision (a dream) the second coming of Jesus, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven. He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him.
- A Former Pastor Warns: Leave the Church! Part 4 (endtimeebooklibrary.com)
Two books, “The Fake Jesus” and “The New Idolatry” detail historical proof that God was not the founder of the organized church. Yet for many centuries, His longsuffering and mercy endured. Both books historically connect the dots.
The book “Come Out of her, God’s People,” provides a detailed account of his memoirs as a pastor and an evangelist in a well-known African-American Denomination.
- The Orthodox Definition of the Trinity (compasschurchamman.wordpress.com)
Simply stated: “The Trinity is three persons (personae) in one substance (substantia).”
“We worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; neither confounding the persons, nor dividing the substance.” – The Athanasian Creed
- What is a Modalist? (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
There really are three (and they don’t just seem to be three or appear from time to time in different manifestations as suits the moment) who really are one. It’s a mystery that can’t be grasped by finite minds but the ability to grasp truth isn’t the final arbiter of reality.
- Salvation in Islam (part 2 of 3): Worship and Obey God (aroonadorough.wordpress.com)
Tawheed is an Arabic word that means oneness, and when we talk about tawheed in relation to God it means realising and affirming God’s oneness. It is the belief that God is One, without partner or associate. There is no god worthy of worship but Allah, and this is the foundation of Islam. To profess such a belief along with the belief that Muhammad is His messenger is what makes a person Muslim.
- Monotheism – One God (aroonadorough.wordpress.com)
The religion of Islam is based on one core belief, that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah. When a person embraces Islam or a Muslim wants to renew or confirm his or her faith, they profess their belief that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah and that Muhammad is His final messenger. Ashadu an la ill laha il Allah wa Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasulullah, Saying these words, the Testimony of Faith, is the first of five pillars or foundations of the religion of Islam. Belief in God is the first of six pillars of faith.
- Names of God in Judaism: EMET excerpt selected by אלוה אל (powersthatbeat.wordpress.com)
The most important name of God in Judaism is the Tetragrammaton, the four-letter name of God. This name is first mentioned in the book of Genesis and is usually translated as ’the Lord’. Because Jews have for a longperiod of time considered it blasphemy to pronounce, the correct pronunciation of this name has been forgotten—the original Hebrew texts only included consonants.