A Name to be set apart
It was the Messiah who learned his followers pray to his Father. More than once this Messiah asked the ones who he healed or helped to thank not him (Jeshua/Jesus) but his Father, the Only One God, Jehovah, who resides in the heavens.
“(9) “This, then, is the way you should pray: ‘Our Father who is in the heavens, let Your Name be set-apart, ” (Matthew 6:9 The Scriptures 1998+)
The hallowing or sanctification includes the holy keeping in the first place by us, but also us making others aware of the importance of Jehovah’s Name. We should reverence the name of the Most High God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, not only in prayer but also in our daily actions. We should take care that God His name be kept holy.
In our life we always should honour the Name of God. And in our prayer we should seek to give God this glory first and foremost because this will set the tone for the rest of the prayer. It may demand us to sit back in fear and trembling of this great God we are conversing with by His grace. Always we should use His name with full respect and calling God by His Name shall indicate that you would like a personal connection with that Creator. Not calling Him the distant “Sir” or “Lord” but letting Him know you consider Him as your Father and Friend and therefore also would call Him by His Name like you would call your friends with their first name.
By calling Him by His Name like He would like to be called you will be showing gratitude for what He has done and for what He means for you. It is not, lest we mistake it, merely praising God for what he has done in our lives — also important — but giving him praise for no other reason than that He exists in an independence and holiness, a Power and Love, that we cannot quite comprehend.
Next: Trusting, Faith, Calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #14 Prayer #12 The other name
Dutch version / Nederlandse versie: Vertrouwen, Geloof, Roepen en Toeschrijving aan Jehovah #13 Gebed #11 Naam om apart geplaatst te worden
Find also to read:
- A God between many gods
- Attributes to God
- Only One God
- God is one
- Jehovah Yahweh Gods Name
- I am that I am Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh אהיה אשר אהיה
- Hashem השם, Hebrew for “the Name”
- God about His name “יהוה“
- Jehovah Yahweh Gods Name (Video)
- The Divine name of the Creator (Video)
- Use of /Gebruik van Jehovah or/of Yahweh in Bible Translations/Bijbel vertalingen
- Praise the most High Jehovah God above all
- Praise the God with His Name
- Praise be to God
- Make a joyful noise unto Yahweh, rejoice, and sing praise unto Jehovah
- Singing gift from God
- A remaining name
- The Bible and names in it
- Some Restored Name Versions
- Lord or Yahuwah, Yeshua or Yahushua
- Listening and Praying to the Father
- Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God
- Another way looking at a language #5 Aramic, Hebrew and Greek
- Another way looking at a language #6 Set apart
- What’s in a name?- “Neither is there Salvation in any Other” (theeyesoffaith.wordpress.com)
After God revealed to Moses that His eternal Name and memorial was Jehovah, everything Moses did thereafter was done in the Name of the Lord, except for one time.
- A Fiery Bite of Jalapeno and the Names of God (wingsajourneyinfaith.wordpress.com)
“If food could remind you of the names of God, this one would definitely be the roaring fiery Lord of Hosts when He ascends like thunder and lightning to avenge one of His own! “ Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it” (Psalm 18:7-8). That’s what the hot jalapeno reminded me of. So I asked myself, “What other food associations could I make to remind me of the varied and wonderful names of our God?”
- What is Confident Prayer? (underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com)
Ask God to fill you with His fullness and to reflect it in your life.
that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
- Prayer Call 11/14/13 (staprayersweep.org)
Join other Christians praying for Church leaders, healing across the nations, the Philippines, and all countries experiencing the effects of the typhoon.
- Why We Need God (byronfliwalker.wordpress.com)
The fact that humans have an inborn spiritual yearning comes as no surprise to Bible readers.
Jesus pointed to the answer when he said: “Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth.” (Matthew 4:4) In what ways do God’s utterances, that is to say, God’s thoughts and instructions as found in the Bible, make it possible for us to live a happy and meaningful life?
if we heed God’s direction, we will live well.
- Creator and Blogger God 12 Old and New Blog 2 Blog for every day (bijbelvorser.wordpress.com)
Our delight is in Adonai the Elohim His torah. On Jehovah’s Word, His instructions and Torah we want to meditate day and night, so that we can become instructed to the good and be blessed by the Most High.
- Five Ways For Stronger Prayers (underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com)
Get down on your knees. For this reason I kneel before the Father. /Ask God to strengthen you by His Spirit – an inner strength so you and Jesus are united.
- Will You Come? (familyandfaithmatters.wordpress.com)
To teach our dog to be obedient required hours of patience and some paid lessons. I knew that she needed to know some basic commands – for her safety and my peace of mind.
One vital word, “come”, I practiced with her again and again. Easily distracted she had to make a choice between chasing the squirrel or returning to me. Sometimes she has a mind block – she stands stock still, trying to decide which way to go.
I believe we do that with God.
- Is the Channel Open? (underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com)
God tells us that He desires us to have clean hearts and be open before Him. We need to search ourselves to see if we are hiding anything from Him.
God knows everything about us anyway. However, He wants us to confess the uncleanness we see in ourselves. That way we are acknowledging it.
Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )